Frog N Bones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X Factor

+5
dolly
ColinS
El_Guapo
Bones
Frog
9 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

X Factor Empty X Factor

Post by Frog 24th August 2010, 1:11 pm

I take it quite a few people watched this, I was at work but I saw this clip online and could not believe my eyes. We all know that the useless ones are funny to watch but this actually really pissed me off. This dappy bint has no talent whatsoever and just made a complete tit of herself with everyone laughing at her expense. So what do they do, give her false hope and extend the joke she's making of herself by putting her through to the next round. This womans little girl was backstage while the world was mocking her and of course she is now through at the expense of someone else who might have been able to go somewhere with the kind of publicity the show can provide.

Cowell actually makes me sick to my stomach, we all know he exploits the stupid but dragging morons into the next round just amplifies the bullying he is committing in my mind. Watch this poor idiotic excuse for a woman.

Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

https://frognbones.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

X Factor Empty Re: X Factor

Post by Bones 24th August 2010, 1:34 pm

This is the first time I've seen this lol lol lol lol lol

She cracks me up!!! Gotta give her credit for simply hanging in there after she forgot the words cheers Something about her that I kinda like, but she'll struggle to make it past boot camp. She's different & she does have an X-Facotr of sort, but I don't hink that's what they're going for...... Then again, Chico's doing alright..... Dunno
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 24th August 2010, 1:37 pm

Say what you like about Chico, he could actually sing! This woman has no sense of rhythm or melody, it's just cruel to get her hopes up like this!

(That doesn't mean I didn't laugh at it Embarassed )
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 24th August 2010, 1:41 pm

Chico?? Shocked Actually Sing?? Shocked lol lol lol I thought he was an entertainer & had an x-factor without having the actual talent.

But she is really funny! lol lol lol Like many people did with Chico, I'll watch some more of this because of her lol lol
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 24th August 2010, 1:43 pm

lol Don't get me wrong he wasn't to a fantastic standard but he was in tune and had a charm to his voice lol Just re-read that and realised it looks like I'm loving Chico lol
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 24th August 2010, 2:12 pm

lol Okay, with you now phew lol I agree, he was much better than she is lol

Just goes to show that entertainment value can override other weaknesses for a while. lol
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by El_Guapo 24th August 2010, 4:43 pm

Looking at it from a different angle slightly...

Talent or no is of no concern to a record producer. Their only concern is making money isn't it?

Are we really going to criticise Cowell for exercising the same exploitation as every other producer out there? Keeping this woman in guarantees ratings which guarantee revenue. IMO there's nothing wrong with that and in his position I'd do the same without even batting an eyelid.

Should Cowell owe any duty to "protect" idiots like this from making a fool out of themselves if they choose to step up to the plate?

I think the bottom line is that every person who auditions is essentially selling any self respect for the chance of fame. Who should we blame? The producers of the show for providing the entertainment or the viewers for enjoying it?
El_Guapo
El_Guapo
Baby Spawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 24th August 2010, 5:43 pm

"Last night she was facing the axe from the series after a Sun investigation revealed she had been diagnosed with serious mental issues - but had not informed show bosses.
Psychiatrists have declared she has a series of problems which may affect her ability to care for Mariah. And experts fear she may worsen if propelled to fame by The X Factor."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3108649/X-Factor-mum-as-fragile-as-SuBo.html
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 26th August 2010, 12:45 pm

Okay, I don't like her anymore Hmph Using her child to try to get back on the show Shocked That's low man.....
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 27th August 2010, 8:45 am

Deranged, demented and desperate. This was my whole point, exploitation of morons and the mentally unstable Mad
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by ColinS 28th August 2010, 2:43 pm

Most the contestants now a days seem to "Be doing it for my son/Daughter, my dead Dad/ Mom, or a dying relative" .

I was told there was a pre audition which people had to get through before they went in front of Simon and Co so how do the really bad acts get through. If you see the line of people who are waiting to audition they would be at all there all week and what i really find false is when Simon stops and act and says they would be better singing another song and they just happen to know the song and have the music with them, smells to me like X Factor sets up some of the acts to make Simon look good.
ColinS
ColinS
Citizen of the Pond

Back to top Go down

Post by dolly 4th September 2010, 10:14 am

I read the other day that it is set up and so is Britains got talent. The judges look surprised when they see them but the magazine says they are well aware of who is coming on next, and have a script set up !!!!
It's all a load of baloney....buuuut I love watching the amazing bad acts...Do these people have no family...good grief !!!!! Shocked
dolly
dolly
Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by munchkin 4th September 2010, 10:48 am

its like the x-factor....its quite funny watching people making arses of themselves but after the wheat has been sorted from the chaff i dont watch it.
munchkin
munchkin
baby sperm whale

Back to top Go down

Post by ColinS 20th September 2010, 9:26 am

The bad acts are more entertaining than the good ones, they should do a worst singer comp.....I think it would be a close contest between LP and Munch with Munch just edging it.
ColinS
ColinS
Citizen of the Pond

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 20th September 2010, 2:05 pm

johno wrote:im not a fan of the x factor .but i did see this woman perfom, as wife was watching , and my opinion at that time was ,,,is she nut s .??

now it has emerged the she do s have mental problems.
trouble with these unfortunate people is that they dont know that they are different . they think it s everyone else thats got problem s .
i dont look down on folk less fortunate , id rather be more considerate toward s them. but surely there must be an audition b/fore you can get that far . seem s to me the show sacrifices some who have potential to make the show more interesting

I'm deliberately ignoring ColinS comment, as if Munch could sing worse than me Hmph

I totally agree Johno, there is a preliminary audition before you get to the judges and they clearly let the dross through so that we can all have a good laugh at them. It sickens me in everyway, it's not right to abuse the less fortunate in this way whilst deliberately letting genuinley talented singers go home because you didn't like the song they chose. It's all such false bollox I can't even watch it anymore.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 20th September 2010, 2:28 pm

Well, I've got a friend who auditioned for this years X-Factor. Yes, there is a pre audition before they go in front of Simon & co and there seems to be 2 types of people who go through. Really good or Really bad. The really bad ones are for obvious reasons as I probably wouldn't watch it without the entertainment the terrible ones provide.
The really good ones are also for obvious reasons, they have to keep it "real" and have some good uns in there.
The ones who are seen as "Average" or "Good, but not Really good or great" are the ones who generally don't make it past the pre audition.

Now, for any audition, especially a singing audition, you should arrive with no less than 3 different performances & you should be prepared to perform all 3 (or more) of them. With singing, the first thing which is considered is which genre you'll fit into and which genre you want to fit into. Also considered is your "look" and how well it will go down with the fans. Bottom line really is you need to be marketable. If you're not gonna make money & sell records then you're no use to people within the industry. Some people look, sound & fit better into a genre other than the one they think they do which is often why they're asked to sing another song. Another reason for it is to prove your versatility. No one is impressed with a one trick pony.

Saturday's X-Factor was pretty good. They had a good mix of talent on there, but that girl from Leeds, the one with all the hair & make up etc. She would've gone straight through had she turned up with a different image & attitude. Also, she needs to be able to sing with music as she'll not be doing “acapella” when it comes to the live shows. I'm glad they made her sing again because with music behind her & under pressure she wilted like a rose left too long in the sun. The raw talent is there, but it takes more than raw talent to make it. There's one example of someone with a great voice, but someone who may well be a one trick pony........
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 20th September 2010, 2:54 pm

You not ever wondered how the judges always ask the correct question when they "first" meet the contestants. If the guy is off stage saying that he's doing it for his dad the first thing they ask is are you doing this for anyone today or they had a car crash last year they ask "have you had any major setbacks on your way to getting here"

When you start noticing those little segments of scripting then you start to wonder how much more of it is scripted and ultimately how much of the show is even slightly genuine.

I don't know if you ever get the time to read but if you do then try reading Ben Elton's Chart Throb. He did a lot of research into how these shows are put together and wrote a very funny spoof of the whole process.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 20th September 2010, 3:18 pm

Oh, yeah, I know much of it is scripted when they first step in front of the Judges. I also know that there seem to have been a few "Ringers" there in the past. The judges knew about a few contenstants before they ever entered the show.... thinking

But either way, it's entertainment. I can't be too harsh on a show which launched "talents" such as "Girls Aloud" & Leona Lewis...... Drool
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 20th September 2010, 5:10 pm

Girls Aloud was Popstars the Rivals (BBC) I'll give you Leona Lewis, that girl is good but wouldn't it be better if they were actually trying to find someone as good or better, rather than pandering to the lowest common denominator that this country seems to synchronise on. Mocking the less fortunate.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 20th September 2010, 7:25 pm

Actually, Popstars: The Rivals was an ITV show & was the precursor for The X-Factor. Both are pretty much the same format & X-factor took quite a bit from the Popstars mould, which took it's mould from Pop Idol.

They are kind of looking for the next Leona, but they've also got to please the majority, which as you say would be done by mocking the less fortunate. It's a great way to get the viewing figures. I think the ideal would be to have a nice mix of both & then to have the crap firmly cut out by the quarters or semis leaving only the serious talent.
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 21st September 2010, 8:50 am

How can you say they were the same show, Popstars had a blue logo Hmph

I would find it easier to stomach if the crap wasn't constantly let through for another chance to laugh at them but I really don't believe that they are actually looking for the next big star. Simon Cowell makes more money from the show than he has done from any of the "artists" he's signed from it, the acts are not as important to him as the pretence of finding them is.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 21st September 2010, 9:04 am

Well, yeah, you make a good point. it would be better if they simply looked for talented people & focused solely on them, but then the viewing figures would fall, making the show less popular and making it almost impossible for the winner to have the Christmas No.1......... And of course simon would make less money Laughing

But even when they do find someone, with the exception of my wife to be, they seem to fade into nothing inside of a couple of years. Maybe it is best to focus more on the show.... Laughing
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 21st September 2010, 9:21 am

I fully agree that the shows ratings would suffer if it focused more on finding talent but I think that's what bugs me. It sort of shines a light on society and reveals a pretty ugly trend. I'm no angel and I like to have a laugh at other peoples expense, I wouldn't be human if I didn't, but it just feels like every year the X Factor pushes it a bit further and I find it harder and harder to enjoy Dunno
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 21st September 2010, 9:26 am

Well, yeah it does push it a bit further each year, but I feel better knowing that most of these people actually want to make a twat of themselves & some others just won't be told they're terrible...... Like the Girl Group "Bun and Cheese" the other week lol lol lol
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 21st September 2010, 9:27 am

Very true, and the same fools that have already been rejected in previous years keep coming back for more Rolling Eyes

Who were bun and cheese? scratch
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next