Frog N Bones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout 3........

3 posters

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

Fallout 3........ - Page 6 Empty Re: Fallout 3........

Post by Frog 2nd October 2009, 3:21 pm

Cool, I tried getting Jericho to go with me but apparently I'm too good for him Sad
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

https://frognbones.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 2nd October 2009, 4:03 pm

Yeah, Jericho will only follow you if you're evil. Dogmeat will come with you regardless of Karma status. The only other person you can get regardless of Karma status is Charon (Ahzrukhal's Ghoul Bodyguard found in Underworld). He'll cost you either about 2,000 caps or you'll have to Kill someone in Underworld to get him..... (I'm guessing you'll be doing the latter....) If you decide to kill that someone to get him then make sure you do it really sneaky like, otherwise you'll have the entire ghoul city of underworld on your case....... Charon is FAR better & much more useful than Jericho..... I would say he's probably the second best companion to have.........
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 2nd October 2009, 4:18 pm

Second best???
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 2nd October 2009, 4:23 pm

Fawkes is the most awesome companion to have. Fawkes is an intelligent Super Mutant who carries a Gattling Laser!!!(Think Mini gun firing lasers) Shocked He'll wipe out hordes of enemies & he automatically heals through radioactivity. He's really quite hard for the enemy to take down & makes life in the wastes a breeze!

But you won't get him until much later in the game Crying or Very sad
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 2nd October 2009, 4:25 pm

This is going to be way too much to remember for tonight. I need to prioritise or I'll just wander aimlessly through the wastes. What do you think?
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 2nd October 2009, 4:29 pm

First: Ian West. Find him, be polite to his captives.......

Second: Dogmeat. Find & recruit.

Those are tonight’s priorities.

Think I'm gonna play again. Get warmed up for GOTY edition LP
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 2nd October 2009, 4:32 pm

Sweet, if you can get on here some time around midnight I'll tell you what I've been up to.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 2nd October 2009, 6:16 pm

Okay, will try to be here LP
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 4th October 2009, 4:38 pm

NR_TOAB wrote:First: Ian West. Find him, be polite to his captives.......

Second: Dogmeat. Find & recruit.

Those are tonight’s priorities.

Think I'm gonna play again. Get warmed up for GOTY edition LP

Without going into too much detail I haven't completed either of these objectives yet. Murphy seems to want a million sugar bombs before he'll tell me where Ian is and I clean forgot about Dogmeat. I've been doing the wasteland survival guide and picking up some other bits along the way, just two missions left in the final chapter before I can SHOOT MOIRA IN THE FACE!!! Just bought the Schematics for the Shishkebab to LP

I imagine you do this to, when I save I then go on a killing spree in my local area just to get it out of my system Twisted Evil

P.S You've ruined my life, I haven't even been outside this weekend Shocked Arrrgg
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 4th October 2009, 4:45 pm

There's a big store outside of the station where Murphy is. You'll find a few sugar bombs in there. Or you could travel back to Megaton & use your "Five Finger Discount" at the food place at the side of the crater......

If they let you go round them, remember to go to the cupboard at the back of murphy's pace. You're looking for a man hole cover which will drop you into the tunnels.

I left the killing spree until my second play through....... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

P.S. I know, But I did warn you..... drunken
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 4th October 2009, 4:46 pm

Oh, You might want to not shoot Moira in the face....... She can be very useful....
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 4th October 2009, 4:51 pm

I'm sure she is but I really want to shoot her! I've got the combat shotgun fully repaired especially for it Sad
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 4th October 2009, 4:54 pm

Okay......... If you really want to.......
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 4th October 2009, 5:00 pm

Woo Hoo cheers

(might save it first though)
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 4th October 2009, 5:03 pm

I'm off to play now....... LP
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 5th October 2009, 9:02 am

Alright LP

Got the dog, you didn’t say he was actually a dog scratch I find myself worrying about him when he runs off more than I would if he was some wasteland oik! Also got into the Family hideout and got Ian out of there (vampires????) I got Vance to protect the town in exchange for blood packs and then he gave the schematics for the Shishkebab I JUST SPENT 735 CAPS ON THOSE!!! Mad Can’t even bloody sell them! Mad No matter, what’s done is done. I also acquired the Ripper, which is not the best weapon for conserving your health but it does make you feel all warm inside when you plunge it into the chest of a super mutant with a minigun Laughing

My caps issue is no longer a problem, I tried something in the robotics facility that turned out to be extremely useful. I scavange until I can’t carry anymore then go and put it all into a box near the door, then go fill up again etc till I clear the building. Then I head back to Megaton to complete the mission, go to my house and drop off all my clothes and weapons, fast travel back to where I stashed my gear, pick it all up and go clean Moira out of all her money Twisted Evil I now have a minor quandary though, do I get the schematics for the rock-it launcher? It sounds great but is it worth it at this point in the game? I still haven’t found all the bits to make the shishkebab Dunno

Just got the library left to do for Moira before she gets shot (only kidding) Then I reckon I might head over to the purity lab to find my dad, I feel bit guilty for not being in the slightest bit bothered about him Razz
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 5th October 2009, 1:28 pm

Yeah! You found Dogmeat!! The great thing aboout him is you can send him to find weapons for you........

Ah.... Did you manage to get the Hemotage perk from Vance? Makes those blood packs replenish +20 Health instead of only +1..........

Don't worry about the second schematics. Each set of schematics should make that particular weapon a bit stronger, so you actually want more than 1 for each weapon....

The Ripper is very useful against weaker enemies. I've found that it's very good against the Radscorpians but not so good against their giant varity.....

The "Rock-it" launcher is very useful as it fires just about any junk you put into it! Bottles, Cans, Teddy Bears etc, just load it up & away you go. The downside is unless you are good with Big Guns, it's not very accurate & you may also end up firing something you need into the chest of an enemy.
The best place to find everything you need for the shishkebab is a raider hideout.

You might want to leave the libary for a little bit. It contains other things which you will require. Oh, and a hint. Before you go to the libary, find as many "Pre-War Books" as you can & take them with you. They'll be useful to you.......
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 5th October 2009, 1:35 pm

Ooooh the plot thickens!

Just why am I collecting lunchboxes?
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 5th October 2009, 1:42 pm

You are collecting the lunchboxes so that you can make "bottle cap mines". They are really powerful & will take out almost any enemy who steps on one. I take it you haven't got the schematics for them yet. You should get 1 from Moira for completing one of the optional parts of one of the quests.

Alternatively, you can find one in Jocko's Pop & Gas shop. The more Bottle cap Mine schematics you find, the more of them you can make with 1 set of "ingredients".
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 5th October 2009, 1:46 pm

There were a couple of the optionals from Moira that I couldn't be arsed with, the true history of Rivet City evaded me for a while so I left it, I also don't have a high enough skill to hack the mainframe at the robotics facility so I couldn't do that but I think I did the rest.

Didn't get the upgrade from Vance Sad that was probably the bonus if you didn't get them to protect the town.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 5th October 2009, 1:59 pm

This quest is more difficult than it appears, as almost every citizen of Rivet City is unfamiliar with its history. After speaking to a few people in Rivet City, Bannon will claim that he helped found the city. You can return to Moira at this point for normal completion, or fact check his story for optional completion. You will need to speak to Belle Bonny in the Muddy Rudder bar. She will refuse to help you, but not before pointing you to Pinkerton's location in the broken bow of the ship. If you try to engage Pinkerton in conversation about Rivet City's history before talking to Belle, he will claim to have been one of the founders but you won't complete the optional part of the quest, as he does not care enough to give you proof, but he will allow you to access his terminal which will contain information to complete the optional part of the quest. It requires the dialogue option "Bannon claims to have founded the city" for him to give you the proof. You can also get the proof if you haven't even spoken to Bannon, by getting him to give you the password for his computer terminal, which contains an account of the founding of Rivet City.

Note: There are benefits if you do this quest at the same time as or after The Replicated Man quest. The directions on that page for getting to Pinkerton are more complete. Once you have gotten Pinkerton's password for his terminal from The Replicated Man quest, the ONLY action you have to take to complete the History mission is look on his terminal. You don't have to talk to anyone, even him.

Alternatively, talk to Vera (hotel owner) who will direct you to Seagrave Holmes. He tells you that you might find some stuff in Pinkerton's old place (he also seems to have a crush on Vera). Talk to Pinkerton (described below) and ask him for evidence. Optional objective complete.

To get to Mr. Pinkerton, you have to exit Rivet City proper, and travel to the "other uninhabited half" of the ship, where there is a walkway leading to a door. It is a Very Hard lock (level 100 lockpick), and if you're unable to pick it you must jump into the water to the left of the door and swim alongside the ship until you turn the corner, where you will find a door underwater. There is a long swim (be prepared to use a lot of stimpacks if you get turned around), but fortunately no underwater combat. An alternative to swimming around the corner is to jump off the ship from the marketplace entrance and take a short swim to the underwater doorway. It's much shorter and results in less rads. There are several Mirelurk inside, as well as booby traps set by Mr. Pinkerton.

An entertaining and effective way of disposing of the Mirelurks is running past them and luring them into Pinkerton's traps.

Mr. Pinkerton's lab should be on the top level, behind a door that, if you try to open the first time, it will say that it has to be opened from a different terminal. There is a rectangular yellow box in the same room hanging on a wall which you have to activate in order to open the door.

You CAN NOT jump from the top of Rivet City to the top of the broken bow. It may look like you can, but the objects are non-clip (You pass through them). You will either get stuck in the side of the ship, or fall through the deck. There are no entrances to the broken bow other than the underwater one and the one at the end of the walkway.

If you go in the main entrance, there is an armed landmine directly to your left on an ammo box, a precursor to the traps ahead. There are two mirelurks downstairs through the first door, which is also a large gas leak. If you disarmed that landmine, drop it in front of the first door, get the mirelurks attention, step back and close the door. The landmine will set off the gas leak, and while they are stunned you can finish them off. You won't have room to run away from the Mirelurks if you don't finish them off quickly.

The Mirelurks DO respawn after 72 hours.

TIP: If you took the underwater route to get to Mr. Pinkerton, you can walk out the Very Hard locked door by activating a switch right next to it (from inside).

A couple of sequencing issues:

It is entirely possible to read the original city council minutes on Pinkerton's terminal before you get this quest, but this doesn't count at all - you have to come back after starting the quest. (At least you'll have the bow's front door open, though.)
Likewise, once you start the quest, you might be tempted to go straight for Pinkerton's minutes, since they fulfill the Optional part. But it will only count as the regular completion of the quest, if you do it first. To be sure, when you start the quest, talk to one or two people in Rivet City first, then Belle or Vera, and then go read Pinkerton's minutes.(Tested and confirmed, however, if you speak to Belle and Bannon to unlock the two optional objectives, and then return to Pinkerton's lab and re-read the minutes, the two optional objectives will be completed)
If you also have The Replicated Man quest to where you need to speak to Pinkerton, you can complete that objective at the same time as this quest.

At the end of the quest, Moira will reward you with some Mentats, as well as a permanent 10% discount with Rivet City's merchants (if you achieve the bonus conditions).

(NOTE) You can also, as a joke, tell Moira that Rivet City was originally an underwater city. She will then talk about how it might have been part of Atlantis. You will receive Mentats and bad Karma but you wont receive the 10% discount.
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 5th October 2009, 2:10 pm

Laughing Well I told her the Atlantis part, gave me a chuckle at least. I take I can't go back and get this info now that I've completed the quest though?
I did find the bow and swam all the way round it but I didn't see an underwater entrance (probably because it's underwater) I did also try jumping over from the other half of the ship but I could not find Pinkerton anywhere Dunno
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 5th October 2009, 2:22 pm

Unfortunately, now that you have completed the quest you can't do it again this time round, but you'll play it again & You'll really want to find Pinkerton to complete the "Replicated Man" quest which will see you get your hands on THE MOST AWESOME PLASMA RIFLE IN THE GAME!. Oh the fun you'll have with that! Twisted Evil

Go find Dr. Zimmer in Rivet City & he will give you the quest.........

I spent WAY too much non-fun time swimming around (and drowning) just looking for the underwater entrance, so here is a guide: Head to the back of the marketplace to a door outside, where you should be facing the broken bow. Before jumping in, prepare by popping a Rad-X and putting on a radiation suit if you have one. Now drop into the water and swim down to the right, where should see an opening with a door. On the other side is a flooded hallway, so swim quickly forward and surface for air. Bring up the Local Map to get your bearings. Assuming you came straight through the door and are now in the middle facing away from it, you will see a tunnel/hall to your right; face that way and go under towards it, open the door, and keep going straight to another door, open it, and come up for air. Enter the door on the left, through another door ahead, a door off to the left, and into a room which is out of the water. You should have a Mirelurk or two after you at this point, so turn and aim. Other than all the traps and mines waiting for you upstairs, you are home free.
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 5th October 2009, 2:47 pm

Fucking Site!!! Mad

Excellent, the last thing I want to do is spend hours underwater looking for an entrance when I could be killing stuff.

I sent dogmeat out for chems as an experiment last night and he didn’t come back! I did a fast travel and he reappeared. I found myself getting a bit protective of him though, I haven’t let him kill anyone on his own yet, I get worried that he might get hurt so I keep stepping in Sad
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 5th October 2009, 3:38 pm

Hours underwater? More like DAYS!!!! I'm one of those people who must continue doing it until I find what I'm looking for. Mad

Sometimes dogmeat might not come back. It's best to send him looking for stuff when you are in a semi confined area i.e Megaton, Rivet City etc (He'll be really useful in the library & the museums..........)
DON'T let him fight alone. He's good, but he can die, especially up against tougher enemies. The best way to use him in combat is to listen out for his growling. That means there are enemies close by. They will automatically go for him as he has been set as a higher priority target so you'll be able to stand back & pick them off with whatever weapon you desire.
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next