Frog N Bones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout 3........

3 posters

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

Fallout 3........ - Page 5 Empty Re: Fallout 3........

Post by Bones 1st October 2009, 12:59 pm

It's a very long quest where you help her to write a suvival guide by conducting research for her. Do all of them plus the optional parts & you'll get some pretty good things & loads of experience! Or you could convince her otherwise & get some other stuff & cheaper things from her.......
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 1st October 2009, 1:54 pm

That's what I meant to ask you, who can repair my laser pistol?
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

https://frognbones.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 1st October 2009, 1:58 pm

Moira can repair it but it'll cost you. People you come across will tell you if they have the ability to repair items. Just be sure that they have a higher repair skill than you otherwise it's a bit of a waste of caps. Alternatively you'll need to find another similar weapon & use that to repair it yourself, which is the much cheaper option. If you take this route, be sure to put on your vault Jumpsuit or any other clothing you have which has the repair boost. Also take a mentat or 2, but be careful not to become addicted to these.
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 1st October 2009, 2:00 pm

I didn't realise that the jumpsuit upped your repair skills, I sold that to get the gun!! Rolling Eyes

What do the mentats do?
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 1st October 2009, 2:07 pm

Mentats ups your Intelligence and Perception. So you will get a boost to the following skills:

Medicine, Repair, Science, Explosives, Lockpick, and Energy Weapons.

You'll be able to grab another Vault Jumpsuit, but only the Vault 101 Utility Jumpsuit gives you a +5 boost of Repair skills. There is other clothing available which will also boost Repair & other abilities. Be sure to check what boosts you'll get & subsequently lose before selling anything......
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 2nd October 2009, 10:06 am

Fallout Day 2

Went back into megaton to speak to Lucy West, accepted the quest and set off into the wastes. Only got as far as the first collapsed section of motorway before I met my first gang of raiders, killed most of them but got taken down eventually. Did this a couple of times before I decided to try and go round them, much easier! I got to the “city” (four houses is hardly a city but what do I know) discovered the bodies of the West family and found that some bastard had made off with little Ian!!! Obviously I had to go and find him, so I set out back into the wastes and got myself killed a few times, realised it was getting close to midnight and left it there.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 2nd October 2009, 12:26 pm

You'll need to make your way underground to find young Ian. Find the Meresti Trainyard & make your way through the tunnels. You shouldn't run into too much trouble, but a few raiders might be around. You could also take the route from Northwest Seneca Station but you'll run into a couple of Mirelurks if you take this route. Oh, the enterance to the tunnel will be in the back of the Ghouls chem office. Just look for a radioactive hatch.
On either route you take be sure to keep your eyes peeled as there are a few boobie traps & mines

When you get there make sure your answers are wise to those with whom you speak......... And DON'T KILL THE GAURD!
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 2nd October 2009, 12:28 pm

Mirelurks!!! I forgot to mention those fuckers! What the hell is that all about? Those gits came out of nowhere last night, about five of them! I think I emptied every bullet I had into the first one before it went down leaving me with a baseball bat to fight off the rest Shocked
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 2nd October 2009, 12:34 pm

Mirelurks are thought to be Mutated Crabs. Shoot / Hit them in the face for the quickest way to put them down. Shotguns are VERY useful against them at close range.

If you think they're tough wait until you get to the Yao Guai's & Deathclaws affraid affraid
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 2nd October 2009, 12:46 pm

Oh great, I thought they must be the toughest thing I'd find!
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 2nd October 2009, 12:51 pm

Super Mutant Overlord's & Super Mutant Behemoth's are the toughest things you'll find. Luckily, there are only a few of these & the Overlords only appear with the Broken Steel add on.

Oh, at some point you'll need to go into the Yao Guai's Liar....... And the Deathclaw sanctuary...... well, only if you want some uber cool stuff.... Twisted Evil
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 2nd October 2009, 12:54 pm

I do, I really do! I also really want a gun that kills the raiders in one shot, I'm wasting time taking them out and leaving myself vulnerable, where can I find one that will do that?
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 2nd October 2009, 1:03 pm

Aim for the head of raiders. Most weapons will take them out in one shot. The combat Shotgun is AWESOME for taking them out at close range. The Chinese assualt rifle is also very good as is the 10mm SMG.
If the raider has a grenade in their hand or on their body, then aim for that as it will explode taking them & a few others with them.

If you want to do it with Melee weapons, then the chinese officers sword could be the way forward if you don't yet have the Shishkebab or the Ripper. Or you could always strap on the Power Fist or "Fisto" and deliever a Real knock out punch!
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 2nd October 2009, 1:07 pm

Well I've got the 10mm pistol atm cause it seems to work better than my damaged laser pistol but that's still not taking them down in one even when they're close range and I hit the head. In fact even after you've crippled the head (which to me should mean death) they still have another pop at you.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 2nd October 2009, 1:22 pm

Firstly try to get your Laser pistol repaired & get your 10mm repaired as well. The condition of the weapon plays a BIG part in how strong & effective the weapon is.
Secondly, change your attire to something which gives you a boost to the Small Guns or Agility ability. Read "Guns & Bullets" books as much as you can find. These things will make you stronger with that weapon. Oh, & you might want to take the "Gun Nut" perk when next leveling up & you'll want to hunt for the "Small Guns Bobblehead" (It's in the National Guard Armory..... If you make it)

Also, you should run into a few raiders with combat shotguns soon. Be sure to take these from them! Never walk away from a dead raider without looting them. The have surprisingly good weapons sometimes.......
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 2nd October 2009, 2:32 pm

Right, this is the fourth time I've written this so it had better bloody well work!

144 caps to repair the laser pistol, I'm too poor right now Sad
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 2nd October 2009, 2:41 pm

......... Nah, I won't tell you just yet. I'll give you a tip to get some extra caps when you finish your first walkthrough.....

When you kill raiders take everything they have on them, then sell it all. Do the same with random stuff you find in the wastelands (Keep hold of Sugar Bombs, Empty Tin Cans, Lunchboxes & Nuka Cola Quantums) If you managed to make friends with Gob at moriaty's then he will give you the best price for any items you want to sell. He will also sell to you at very good prices.
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 2nd October 2009, 2:45 pm

I did make friends with Gob Very Happy I felt sorry for him after he thought I was going to hit him, what could I say? So is he the best person to sell to then? I found a load of crap at the old cinema, cigarettes, whiskey etc.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 2nd October 2009, 2:48 pm

Yep, sell as much of it as you can to Gob. He'll pay you top dollar at the moment. There are others who will do the same, but you need to become friendly with them or do something for them first & you won't meet them until a little later in the game by the sounds of it.

You might want to keep a couple of bottles of whiskey or any alcohol though as it gives you a boost of strength for a short while. Really useful when you're almost at your carry limit. Careful not to get addicted though...
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 2nd October 2009, 2:51 pm

Do you get any vehicles as you go on? It takes ages walking across the wastes and I keep getting distracted and wandering off in the wrong direction to kill something
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 2nd October 2009, 2:56 pm

Nah, no vehicles, but you will be able to "Teleport" from one location to another on the map once you have discovered a few more places. You could try it striaght away. Go to the World Map on your Pip Boy, move the cursor over the desired location (Must be already discovered) then select that location. You should be asked if you would like to jump to this location.

With undiscovered places, you're best off teleporting to the closest discovered location then walking from there. Don't forget to have a sleep from time to time. LP
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 2nd October 2009, 2:58 pm

Sweet, shame about the vehicles though, I bet that map would look really cool from a helicopter.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 2nd October 2009, 3:02 pm

Yeah, It would look really cool. Oh, be careful when you teleport. Sometimes you'll get dropped right in the middle of a few enemies........
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 2nd October 2009, 3:08 pm

Weapons at the ready then LP
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 2nd October 2009, 3:14 pm

Oh, And go find Dogmeat! He's an awesome companion to have.
Dogmeat is found in a fixed location all the time, the Scrapyard, south of Minefield, Northeast of Megaton. He is found attacking and killing several raiders, but approaches the player peacefully and will join him if asked.

Dogmeat can be instructed to search the current area for either ammunition, chems, food or weapons. You can also have him stay in his current location, heal him with Stimpaks, or send him to Vault 101's entrance or outside your Megaton home for safety. Dogmeat can set off traps and will attack enemies, even if they are strong melee fighters. It's probably a good idea to save before you tell him to go and get things, as he is prone to running off into the wasteland and not returning for hours (or indeed forever)......
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next