Frog N Bones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoking ban good but not good enough?

4 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Smoking ban good but not good enough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Smoking ban good but not good enough?

Post by Bones 22nd September 2009, 1:26 pm

It's a fab word! Razz
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Smoking ban good but not good enough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Smoking ban good but not good enough?

Post by Frog 22nd September 2009, 3:15 pm

Where's Jack when you need him Razz
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

https://frognbones.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 7th October 2009, 3:53 pm

I think you'll find that's more to do with the wishes of the 16 year old as opposed to whether his mother smokes or not. Child protection laws state that the requests of the child are very high in these kinds of cases.
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 7th October 2009, 4:08 pm

It's not her smoking habit which has made her lose, it's the fact her son doesn't like the smoke
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 7th October 2009, 4:09 pm

Splitting hairs are we?
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 7th October 2009, 4:15 pm

Not really. If her son didn't have a problem with the smoke then this wouldn't be an issue & would play only a minor role, if any at all as he is 16, in the final decision........
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 7th October 2009, 4:19 pm

True. LP
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 10th October 2009, 1:19 pm

We would've stayed inside but we were forced out. Just like many non smokers asked for. Seems to be a perfect case of getting what you want but not wanting what you get...... Stoned
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 12th October 2009, 2:39 pm

Choice people. If it's raining, snowing or too cold outside I won't be leaving my house to go anywhere. Especially not a poxy pub. But then, having lived in a ski resort in Italy for a few months with temperatures of down to -8 I'm sure winter in this country won't be too bad. Funnily enough, there were more people standing outside than were inside there too. And not all of them smoked......

Makes you wonder how "Anti-Social" this smoking habit is really, huh? Stoned
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 12th October 2009, 3:11 pm

My argument is the same as it always has been....... Stoned
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 12th October 2009, 3:24 pm

Just as weak as yours........ Wink Stoned
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 12th October 2009, 3:33 pm

I'm 6'2" & I've been smoking since I was about 9. Maybe I was supposed to be 6'6"........... I can see how my growth was stunted.. Rolling Eyes scratch cheers Stoned
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 12th October 2009, 3:40 pm

Fishing makes your clothes & Breath stink......

Alcohol makes your clothes & breath stink.......

Frosties Makes your Breath stink (They're Grrrrreat!)

Milk Makes your clothes & breath stink.....

In fact, People make their own clothes & breath stink everyday without touching a cigarette......... Stoned
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 12th October 2009, 3:46 pm

It's all true. Natural Body Ordour smells TERRIBLE!. Also, Morning breath is FAR from appealling & that's without smoking or drinking!

Alcohol stinks to high heavens, especially when someone's been on an all nighter.......

Frosties do make your breath stink too! I think it's all the sugar mixed with the milk. Foul foul smelling stuff!

And Yes, 6'2.............. why? Suspect
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 12th October 2009, 4:03 pm

If you enjoy smoking then who is anyone to judge

Amen to that sister! Stoned

Maybe I could've been 6'6. My dad's 6'6......... So is one of my uncles, but he's been smoking since his teens....... Maybe he should've 6'10 Shocked
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 13th October 2009, 4:25 pm

Been wanting that for years!!! Damn vending machines are a rip off & gives easier access to the under age, but seriously, do you think these measures upto & even including a total ban will stop people smoking?
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 15th October 2009, 1:10 pm

Cannabis is illegal yet widely smoked in the western world

Cocaine is illegal yet is widely taken in the western world

Crack is illegal yet is widely used in the western world

Heroin is illegal yet is widely used in the western world.

Making smoking illegal will just send it underground & make it unregulated. Money will be spent tackling it via the police force & hospitals. Only the black market wins. Why would we want to line the pockets of criminals even further whilst increasing the amount we spend on fighting it?
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 15th October 2009, 1:36 pm

You sure about that?

People want to stop taking crack, cocaine & heroin but only after they have become hooked. I don't underestimate mankind, I just say it as I see it. There are many things now which are illegal & bad for you, but people still do it. We spend a stupid amount of money trying to fight it but are getting nowhere. I judge mankind using the only tools I have. The past & the present. At present, something being illegal does not stop people doing it. Something being illegal can actually be slightly more attractive to the young as well.........
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 15th October 2009, 3:42 pm

Rolling Eyes This is hard work sometimes. It would take a pretty stubborn person to think that there were not benefits to quitting. I'm not that stubborn..... Am I? scratch

If it was principally to protect people from second hand smoke then why contemplate a blanket ban? I mean, some pubs have food & some don't you know which is which because you look at the signs. If I want to eat in a pub I find one with a sign that says "Food served here". If I don't want to eat then I don't need to look at the sign as they both serve drink. Why not have pubs with "Smoking allowed" or "No Smoking" signs outside? That way those who want to stay smoke free know which pubs to avoid & those who want to smoke also know which pub to avoid.

Are non smokers not able to read & make their own choices? I just think that a better way to protect people would be to give them the information they require & leave it to them............ A blanket ban is not respecting my choice.....
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 15th October 2009, 4:06 pm

I love you two, you make the best threads Very Happy
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 15th October 2009, 4:15 pm

A double act indeed. Laughing

The are you sure was for "These other drugs you mention are not as pervasive NR. More a personal,intermitant usage, not generally inflicted around the place."

I understand that you want it banned altogether, but you've probably never been to my local pub & probably never will go there so the smell, fumes & anything like that from there wouldn't bother you would it? As I said, I'm all for banning smoking in places where food is served, clothes shops, train stations, sheltered bus stops etc etc, but I don't see any reason why some pubs (Not all) shouldn't be "smoking pubs". Let them apply for a licence & pay for it, just like they have to do with alcohol. That way everybody is happy. I don't see how that could affect you if you don't go to those pubs anyway.
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 15th October 2009, 4:18 pm

Tytonidae wrote:Thank you sweet Lily cheers

He's ok for a belligerant little tyke Wink

You’re not exactly swaying on any points either Ty rofl
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 15th October 2009, 4:20 pm

Tytonidae wrote:Thank you sweet Lily cheers

He's ok for a belligerant little tyke Wink

You are too. I've never known anyone try to convince me that alcohol is a better drug than nicotine......... Shocked Wink
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 15th October 2009, 4:22 pm

The funny thing is that neither of you are wrong here but neither of you will let it go either, makes me wonder where it will end Very Happy
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 15th October 2009, 5:46 pm

My drug of choice:

Nicotine
Alcohol
Caffiene
Cannabis

3 legal, one not, yet I can get my hands on the not legal one 24 hours a day with a moments notice & I can have it delivered to my door. Making things illegal doesn't make people stop using them. Just means that we end up shelling out for them in hospitals or via the police without getting any of the revenue..........
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next