Frog N Bones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoking ban good but not good enough?

4 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Smoking ban good but not good enough? Empty Re: Smoking ban good but not good enough?

Post by Frog 8th September 2009, 4:02 pm

As a smoker I would fully support a ban on selling tobacco full stop. We all know it kills you so how can the sale of it still be justified?
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

https://frognbones.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Smoking ban good but not good enough? Empty Re: Smoking ban good but not good enough?

Post by jezebel 10th September 2009, 2:33 pm

Hey............with all due respect the non- smokers nagged to get us outta the buildings!!............. cheers ......you can't moan now it's outside!!..No -one owns the air we breathe!!......You will never stop people from smoking and you got what you wanted!!................so...please can we smoke in peace!!......... :bball: .....and now us poor smokers have to be in pubs that no longer smell of smoke............but BO...farts.....stale food.....and horse shit!!........ Very Happy lol!

Just saying.......... Chin Chin
jezebel
jezebel
Queen of Flirt......

Back to top Go down

Post by jezebel 10th September 2009, 2:43 pm

Ta Ty.......... cheers ....hey...howsabout a drink??........... Chin Chin ......I have to smoke when I have a drink.... Very Happy ..................so you stand in the doorway.......I'll freeze by butt in the cold and turn my head 90 degrees to blow my smoke away!!................. :rendeer: ........and waff madly at it to clear it quick!!.........................deal??.......... lol!
jezebel
jezebel
Queen of Flirt......

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 10th September 2009, 3:07 pm

TBH Ty, if you’re having a drink with Jez then I expect that a bit of passive smoking would be the very least of your worries Pinch
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by jezebel 10th September 2009, 3:11 pm

Great!!.................. Chin Chin ...there you go!!...........mines a large bacardi.......and cloudy lemonade!!......drunken ............. .....and hey Ty........my second hand smoke is different to everyone elses!!........... LP ...........trust me!!....I'm a doctor!!................. lol! DT

Come on Ty.......lets get wasted!!.......... Chin Chin Chin Chin letitbe

OY...just saw that Lilybum!!....... Twisted Evil .....sshhh....crikes sake...I just pulled!!..... Twisted Evil
jezebel
jezebel
Queen of Flirt......

Back to top Go down

Post by jezebel 10th September 2009, 4:18 pm

cheers .....Hi Magica!!................ Waving ........ cheers .....hey.......d'ya think Ty would mind if we have a fag in her bog!!.................. Laughing
jezebel
jezebel
Queen of Flirt......

Back to top Go down

Post by jezebel 10th September 2009, 4:30 pm

Hey Hi melody.......... Waving ....... Waving ....in fact doesn't this little wavy hand remind you of something!!............. Waving ...um........yes......someone waffing the smoke away as they walk past you .....but without the smile!!................

How you??............. Very Happy
jezebel
jezebel
Queen of Flirt......

Back to top Go down

Post by jezebel 10th September 2009, 8:30 pm

Ha ha....Ty............ Very Happy ........mate...i have total respect for you guys............I'm one of the thoughtful goodies!!........ Angel/Devil ...well....a sorta baddie goodie............... lol!

Yep..you said it DT..wotabout the lorries and cars!!............... Waving Waving Waving ...pooh!!

Magica.........Ty's bog is full of frogspawn...............bita smoke will just cause a fitting eerie glow!!............ Lily ..............Ty...Lily really should stop doing it in your bog!!..............lol! .......mags.....don't even get me started on smelly loos..........Vomit

Lily cheers Lily innit Lily!!................

Peck Jezabel
jezebel
jezebel
Queen of Flirt......

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless Oddball 11th September 2009, 11:35 am

MickyMod wrote:I gave up nearly 3 months agao, so im not fussed tbh.

Only because you couldn't afford it! Laughing Laughing
Jobless Oddball
Jobless Oddball
Loves a bit of Cock

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless Oddball 11th September 2009, 12:12 pm

MickyMod wrote:You'd best not start on here as well oddball cos you'll go the same way matey.

I'll think you'll find I'll do as I please! Waving

and how many times have I got to tell ya

.................I AINT YA FACKING MATE!! Rolling Eyes
Jobless Oddball
Jobless Oddball
Loves a bit of Cock

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 11th September 2009, 12:21 pm

Oddball - I'll only say this once, so I advise you to view it as you first & final warning. Play nice otherwise you don't play here at all.

Hope we're on the same page!

Have fun! LP
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by jezebel 11th September 2009, 12:25 pm

Hey..chill out Jo!!............ cheers ....have a fag!!.......... Razz :bball:
jezebel
jezebel
Queen of Flirt......

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 14th September 2009, 12:33 pm

The English Pub was the humble home of the smoker for many years. Whilst smokers would happily follow rules not to light up in restaurants & other shops, I think the one bastion of hope for the smoker was the pub. But then non smokers weren’t happy with that & wanted the pub to be smoke free so they could go. Smoking was banned & smokers were thrown outside. Now, in all weather, smokers huddle together outside to indulge in their shared habit, some smokers (Like me) have started going to pubs less. I mean, why go to a pub & have to go outside to smoke when you can get a few bottles from the offy, call a couple of mates & sit in the warmth & comfort of your own home with a ciggie & no one complaining.

The smoking ban has killed the British Pub & the non smokers have broken their promise to support these pubs in their droves. Soon all non smokers will realise the cost of demonising smokers. There will be a £10billion+ tax hole to fill. Hope all you non smokers are prepared to pay it.... LP
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 16th September 2009, 9:39 am

Stop it Ty! I was reading through that and thinking yeah I agree, there should be free choice, human rights, freedom, blah blah blah. Then I got to your brutal and honest comment and it cut to the bone. I don’t want to hear the truth thank you very much Moon
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 16th September 2009, 9:51 am

All smokers know the truth deep down Ty, none of us are happy with it though. So stop it, you’re the closest I’ve seen to a convincing argument to quit Mad
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 16th September 2009, 9:52 am

I refuse to quit smoking!!! I've never been a quitter & I'm not gonna start now! LP
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 16th September 2009, 10:14 am

I don't want to either mate but you can't deny Ty's logic can you?
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 16th September 2009, 10:26 am

I see the logic, but it's my choice to smoke. I'm supposed to live in a free country. I'm not harming anyone by smoking & I'm breaking no laws. Yes, they say smoking kills, but so do buses. Should I stop taking those? Should I cut off the electricity to my house because that kills to? Gas Kills, Car's Kill, hot water can kill, hell, cold water can kill. Salt is bad for us, sugar is bad for us, breathing is bad for us at the moment.

I'm gonna die one day. It's the only thing which is 100% certain in life. When I go I want my body to go skidding into the ground, totally used up & useless to anyone. I don't see the point in sending a well preserved body to be worm chow. All I know is however I go I want it to be with a smile on my face knowing that I tried a little bit of everything on offer. Good & Bad.
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 16th September 2009, 10:29 am

I see your logic too mate as it’s the same logic I’ve been using to justify my actions for years now. I was just really impressed with the way Ty put it, has to be the best anti smoking argument I’ve seen so far.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 16th September 2009, 10:40 am

I don't really see the logic in "Anti Smoking" arguments. It seems to me that people just want to take away my freedoms & choices. I would never smoke in a restaurant because it's rude. I also find it slightly disgusting for people to be smoking where others are eating. Expectant mothers certainly should not smoke as that takes away the choice of their unborn.

In shops I won't smoke, generally I'm happy not to smoke in enclosed public areas. It's not fair on the non smokers, but, I don't see the harm in smoking around other smokers. I don't see the harm in smoking in outdoor spaces away from non smokers. I don't see the harm in smoking in the comfort of my own home. I don't see the harm in having establishments where smoking is allowed. Let people know that smoking is allowed & give them the choice as to whether or not to enter that establishment.

Choice is the big thing here. Give people the facts and let them make a choice is what I say. My mother doesn't tell me what I can or can't do anymore; I don't see what gives anyone else the right to take my choices away.
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 16th September 2009, 10:48 am

Razz Look at you with your chest all poking out! Ty’s comment was just that we are using these arguments about choice and freedom to cover the fact that we’re addicts. Carry on smoking mate, at some point the buggers will find a way to stop us, in the meantime don’t try and convince yourself that it’s just about freedom of choice. Its addiction pure and simple but we addicts are great at finding excuses for it. Laughing

Having said that, I can’t speak for you. Maybe you can quit whenever you want to, I know some people who can. I’m stuck with it till I have an addiction defining moment though.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 16th September 2009, 10:52 am

I've quit twice before to prove a point. Once for a year & once for 6 months. Maybe I am an addict but I make the choice not to seek help for my addiction when there is plenty out there....

I'm happy with my addiction, I recognise that I have one & I don't want to do anything about it. Non smokers should respect that & leave it be instead of trying to force their beliefs down everyone’s throat.
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 16th September 2009, 10:57 am

I have quit before but I found it really hard after a week or so, I convinced myself that I was over the hard part and could afford the odd one or two. Didn't take log for that to become three, four, more. I'll quit one day but in the meantime I would rather people didn't keep telling me to.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 16th September 2009, 11:22 am

In the home I would not want to harm my unborn child, so I wouldn't smoke. However, if someone objects to my smoker then they shouldn't come to my house. I wouldn't tell them what to do in their home & if it was something which I didn't want done around me I wouldn't go there. Choice.

On a park bench, if I am smoking & someone comes & sits next to me then they shouldn't tell me to extinguish my cigarette. They could've chosen any bench but decided to sit next to a smoker. They made a choice.

Smoking establishments would be in view of the public, but only the establishment would be. Strip joints are in the view of the public, but the strippers are not.

If establishments for smokers existed you wouldn't see people in doorways smoking. You didn't see much of that before the smoking ban was introduced.......

I do smell........ of soap & deodorant! Fishmongers, dustbin men & all other types of people smell really bad. Summertime on a tube stinks of BO! I'll take the smell of cigarettes over that any day of the week. And anyway, there's loads of sprays which I can use so that I smell better. Lynx anyone? Laughing

Maybe there shouldn't be respect for addiction, but there should be respect for the choice of others. I respect the choice of non smokers not to smoke. I just want the same in return.
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 16th September 2009, 11:26 am

I respect you dude, leave him alone Ty Mad
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next