Frog N Bones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout 3........

3 posters

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Fallout 3........ - Page 7 Empty Re: Fallout 3........

Post by Frog 5th October 2009, 3:45 pm

Good tip, thanks. I thought that Dogmeat was supposed to be able to tackle quite a few on his own considering what he was doing when I found him, I’m glad my protective instinct was right though.

I have rescued a couple of wasteland captives along the way now and the first one I said don’t worry about the supplies, second time I took it but it was just a stimpack. Do they come up again later in the game or something?
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

https://frognbones.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 5th October 2009, 3:50 pm

Also what do you do when you’ve cleared out the traders in megaton? Gob and Moira are both broke now and I think I just cleaned out Lucky Harif to. I know there are plenty of other people I can sell to but I just wondered if they replenish funds at any point.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 5th October 2009, 4:04 pm

You'll help out a few more wastelanders in the game. Usually they're super mutant captives. Not taking what they have on them results in positive karma which is great if you're playing through to be good. But once you're bad or planning to stay neutral you'll want to take everything they have or just shoot & loot em! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 5th October 2009, 4:05 pm

They’ll all replenish funds every 72 hours. Keep an eye on the time & date. Knowing this may come in handy a little later in the game…..
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 5th October 2009, 4:12 pm

I'm neutral at the moment, I keep thinking I should pick a side but the game sort of makes me neutral in a way. I see opportunities to be had by killing people and then I'm talking to someone and I want to be nice to get the most out of them, it's a real moral dilemma at times Razz

I don’t know if you’ve experienced this but I walked into a room in Rivet City and had the occupier walk in behind me then close and lock the door and go to sleep!! I had to pick the lock to get out and then I was being hunted down by him, he kept shooting at me so I ran and found a security guard who refused to help then turned on me when one of the shots HE fired hit her in the back! I had to slaughter about 5 people that ended up chasing me through the stairwells! It was alright after they were all dead but I thought I was screwed for a while and my last save point was just outside the room where it all started so I couldn’t go back without losing about 2 hours progress Rolling Eyes
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 5th October 2009, 4:14 pm

I'm neutral at the moment, I keep thinking I should pick a side but the game sort of makes me neutral in a way. I see opportunities to be had by killing people and then I'm talking to someone and I want to be nice to get the most out of them, it's a real moral dilemma at times Razz

I don’t know if you’ve experienced this but I walked into a room in Rivet City and had the occupier walk in behind me then close and lock the door and go to sleep!! I had to pick the lock to get out and then I was being hunted down by him, he kept shooting at me so I ran and found a security guard who refused to help then turned on me when one of the shots HE fired hit her in the back! I had to slaughter about 5 people that ended up chasing me through the stairwells! It was alright after they were all dead but I thought I was screwed for a while and my last save point was just outside the room where it all started so I couldn’t go back without losing about 2 hours progress Rolling Eyes
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 5th October 2009, 5:52 pm

Netural is good. Keep playing as Neutral but, be warned, anything but good or very good will make it impossible to get Fawkes on side.....

That's one of the glitches in the game I was talking about which can make it slightly annoying. I've been locked in rooms plenty of times but I've found that if you talk to the person they'll leave the room allowing you to leave also. This won't always happen the first time you speak with them, but keep trying & they'll open the door eventually. Alternatively you could pick their pocket for the key.........

If you are being hunted by an entire city again, the best thing to do is leave the city & go back to it in about 3 days. All the heat should've calmed down by then. I'll warn you now though, that won't be the last time you have them all after you in rivet city for no reason. Be careful of armoury.....
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 6th October 2009, 8:58 am

Replicated Man! I did that last night but I didn’t get a plasma rifle, just an upgrade to my VATS system. Did I choose the wrong option or something? I also did the Bryan Wilkes mission and bundled him safely off to Rivet City and saved Big Town from super mutants, I know what you’re thinking, My Hero!

Couple of new questions though, who are the brotherhood? I found these three guys armed to the teeth wandering the wastes near vault 101, they wouldn’t talk to me so I wasted them (I make that sound easier than it was, I died three times before I got the fuckers!). I couldn’t use their armor so I stashed it at my place in megaton and kept the weapons (laser rifle and minigun) But who are they and how do I get to use that armor??

Secondly Dogmeat has gone!! He drowned going through the underwater bit, so I reloaded it and sent him to vault 101 til I finished but I’ve been back several times and he’s not there!!!
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 6th October 2009, 10:19 am

You didn't get the Plasma Rifle? You didn't convince him that he was an android did you? Or did you convince him to go with Zimmer? Either way you'll just have to grab it on the next playthrough.

You'll find out about "The Brotherhood", "The Outcasts" & "The Enclave" all in good time my friend. I'd advise being friendly with the Brotherhood....... well, only if you want to wear any power armour.......

The Dogmeat thing happened to me too, but then he just reappeared at the vault one day. Just go back there from time to time.
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 6th October 2009, 10:32 am

Probably shouldn’t have killed those guys then Embarassed Well it was their own fault for presenting me with a challenge Twisted Evil
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 6th October 2009, 10:51 am

Easy there. You'll have your challenge soon enough......
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 15th October 2009, 10:30 am

AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F**king stupid Xbox! F**king stupid fuse box! F**king stupid me!!

35 hours into the game, level 12, just watched my dad die in the project purity control room and I’m just following Dr Li out of the building. Open the first door and the auto save kicks in. All of a sudden I’m sat in the dark in silence Shocked Power cut! Slightly annoying, I turned the power back on (just a fuse) and fire up the Xbox again. Go to load my game and the message appears “File has been corrupted, unable to load” Mad The only save point I had before that was just outside vault 101!!

New game Mad Vengence is mine Twisted Evil I am now fully evil, I have killed everyone in megaton and rigged the bomb to blow but not before I sell everything I can find in town and build all the weapons I can carry. Rivet City will my base of operation once Megaton is burning in the fires of hell Evil or Very Mad
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 15th October 2009, 10:41 am

Oh, gutted! Shocked Shocked

After rigging up Megaton make your way to Tenpenny tower. From there you can watch the fireworks & that can be your new base of operations. Can't complain about a penthouse suite...... Wink

Oh, and after the explosion, be sure to go back & check out ground zero. You may meet someone you know.........
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 15th October 2009, 10:45 am

Oooh interesting!

What really annoys me is that I’d just found this guy Charon (or something like that) a ghoul that I got form a bar owner somewhere. I’d given him a combat shotgun to use and he was great! While I was in project purity I heard some gunfire round the corner, thinking that Dogmeat was getting nailed again I ran round to find him stood in front of a pile of mutant corpses! The guy is a legend but I can’t remember where I got him from now.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 15th October 2009, 11:02 am

You got Charon from Underworld. You can find underworld at the Natural History Museum. Oh, and you may want to get the weapon of the lady ghoul gaurding outside..... Charon is a total Legend! Put him in power armour (He needs no training to wear it), give him a shotgun & an assualt rifle & he's practically unstopable. As I said, he's the second best companion to have in the game. Only Fawkes is better.......
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 15th October 2009, 11:09 am

Oh yeah, I had to kill someone for him! Then he killed his old master which made me think I’d better not hand his contract over anytime soon Shocked

I tried out the nuka grenade. Awesome, just awesome LP I also met a Giant Radscorpion that didn’t try to attack me scratch His health was in blue so I tried to talk to him but Charon and Dogmeat went mental on his arse and killed him. Have you found him? Is he recruitable?
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 15th October 2009, 11:16 am

If you're evil & you get Charon then do not let him leave you unless he dies otherwise you will suffer the same fates as his previous master.......

Those Nuka Grenades are something special aren't they! Makes plasma grenades look like simple water baloons!

You'll meet some mutated insects who for some reason won't attack you. I think it's just another game glitch. If you get the Animal Friend perk then you'll not be attacked by any animal (Unprovoked) except for insects...... & death claws.... Pretty useful if you're going into the Yao Guai Cave or tunnels....
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 15th October 2009, 11:25 am

Oh yeah I just met my first Yao Guai last night, caught me by surprise actually! I haven’t got my companions so I didn’t get my warning growl, just turned around and it was jumping at me. I physically jumped and nearly dropped my controller! Couple of blats with the Combat Shotgun soon ended that little episode though.

I found that you can cycle through the traders outside by waiting 3 hours, when you finish there’s a new trader there so you can empty out Megaton quite quickly but I’m going to hold on till I can pick the lock to the armory, I must find out what is in there Twisted Evil
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 15th October 2009, 11:51 am

Just wait until you meet the death claws......... affraid affraid

Traders are useful. there's a way to get their route & to make things cheaper. You just need to invest. Go to the Mid far right of the map to a town called Canterbury Common. Speak with Uncle Roe.

Be careful with the armory in Megaton. Make sure you have your weapon drawn & ready..........
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 15th October 2009, 11:54 am

I remember talking to someone about Canterbury Common, was that a trader? I think it got marked on my map first time round before the big crash!

I take it that I do want to get into the armoury right?
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 15th October 2009, 12:05 pm

Might've been a trader. You can get there if you cross the bridge Wilhelms Wharf (I think that's what it's called) & the Super-Duper mart. From there head North-North-East. If you get to "The Temple of the Union" then you've gone too far.

The Armoury hasn't really got much. Bit of weaponary & some ammo but nothing great if my memory serves correctly. You can Pick pocket Lucas Simms for the key (Lucas Simms house key), but if anyone sees you going into the armoury the whole of megaton will turn on you.....
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 15th October 2009, 12:14 pm

Oh good, I’ve killed Lucas and I have all the keys to the town so I’ll do that right away tonight. There was another reason that I haven’t destroyed the town yet but I can’t remember what it was scratch
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 16th October 2009, 9:25 am

Man did I have fun being evil last night Twisted Evil I cleared out Megaton and made my way over to the tower for the fireworks, sweet LP Then I killed the ghouls that were bothering them to collect my reward, then I killed a few of the guards and one or two civilians that got in the way and set out with my new sniper rifle to Megaton. Didn’t find anyone though scratch Who was supposed to be there? ( I might have killed them ) Decided to head over to Galaxy Radio as I skipped over that lot last time and that’s as far as I got.

Being evil is great, you get things much quicker than being all polite and nice. If you don’t get what you want you just pickpocket and lockpick it. Failing that just get killing and sort it out when you’ve finished Wink
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 16th October 2009, 10:48 am

Today is the day!!! Fallout 3 GOTY edition has finally been released!!! I've put in my holiday request & I'm ready to get back to the wasteland!!! cheers

Right, being evil is uber cool! If you really wanna go nuts you should start reverse pickpocketing people. Go to pick pocket them as usual, take the things you want from their inventory & give them a grenade or mine from your inventory. Then stand back & watch them explode!! Twisted Evil Great thing about this is you won't have the entire town after you if done correctly.

Now, Tenpenny tower. Please tell me that you didn't kill Mr Tenpenny or Susan Lancaster...... If they are still alive then there's a ghoul in underworld who you'll need to talk with. He'll ask you to kill some "Smooth Skin Bigots" & Mr Tenpenny is one of them. Make sure you talk to everyone he asks you to kill before deciding whether or not to kill them. They all have 1 key each & the ghoul wants the keys to go get the T-51b Power Armour..... Or you could always save him the journey & add it to your wardrobe......... Wink
Talk to the slavers about Susan Lancaster. They want her bad and a few other people too. They'll pay you well. Whilst at the slaver hideout be sure to rescue the kids. The good deed will come in handy later.......

You should find Moira back at ground zero. She's been "ghouled" & sets up shop again in underworld. I know she's not your favourite person, but she looks funny as a ghoul.
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 16th October 2009, 10:56 am

Fallout 3........ - Page 7 581813 Moira you say? She might have had an accident involving a small chainsaw Fallout 3........ - Page 7 581813 Mr Tenpenny you say? He might have fallen on a shotgun shell Fallout 3........ - Page 7 581813 Susan Lancaster you say? Now she was alive but then had that incident with the Chinese Officers Sword and not quite so alive anymore Fallout 3........ - Page 7 581813

However, I suspected you might say something like this so I saved just outside the tower before my rampage Laughing Sadly though Moira may not be coming back this time Sad

I am definitely trying that grenade trick tonight, that sounds like just the sort of thing that would keep me amused for the best part of an entire evening rofl

Get your arse into this chat Kitt, I want to know whether you prefered good or evil?
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next