Frog N Bones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X Factor

+5
dolly
ColinS
El_Guapo
Bones
Frog
9 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

X Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: X Factor

Post by El_Guapo 6th October 2010, 12:36 pm

Why was she given so much air time if there were concerns? That's the bit I don't get.

Also, how bloody stupid do you need to be to put yourself and your family in the spotlight like that if you know your mother is defrauding the DSS? Numpty
El_Guapo
El_Guapo
Baby Spawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 6th October 2010, 12:46 pm

I've caught up now, got to say I think the boys category was utter shite and whoever Danni picked would have been crap so I'll let her off, Louis likewise, best of a bad bunch (how many auditioned and that was the best the country had to offer??)

Simon!! What a twat, how convenient that both his little pet projects got through even though the boys harmonies were boring, stale and slightly out in most places. Why didn't hustle get in? They had it all, well as far as girl groups go!

Cheryl Fuckwit Cole has really got issues, now I am a massive fan of Cher and considering she had tonsillitis I don't think she can be judged too harshly. Cheryl's comment that she just fell apart show's just how little the muppet was actually paying attention, there's a difference between falling apart and not being physically able to sing. The X factor have confirmed that Gamu's citizenship was not a deciding factor when not putting her through so you have to wonder why the fuck she put through a girl who is yet to do an audition without fucking it up over a truly beautiful singer. You're so right NR that little skank gives bones a bad name. How the fuck can she be a judge when she can't see the obvious talent staring her in the face. Mad

This isn't the first time that citizenship or benefit theft has been uncovered by a reality TV show, remember the breakdancing grandad on BGT who was claiming disability or Makosi in Big Brother who was on an expired work visa? How is it that these people only get caught when they go on TV? it makes us look like a bunch of numpties.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

https://frognbones.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 6th October 2010, 1:11 pm

I think the amount of airtime she got was for the reasons we spoke of earlier. Good TV & Hype surrounding the show = Great Viewing figures Dunno I think about putting the family in the spotlight if you've had to apply for something, been honest on the application form & it was granted then it may reasonably lead you to believe that you are entitled to it. After all, it's not like she can just turn up & demand it. These things take a little while to go through so you'd think that they'd at least make sure that the applicant is entitled before authorising the application Dunno

Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 6th October 2010, 1:30 pm

I have to disagree with Danni. Fair enough she didn't have a great pool to select from but, to me, she didn't select the best of what was available to her.
With Simon I think it was universally known that the manufactured groups would get through leaving just one other space. I still think he made a good choice. Hustle struck me as a singer with backing singers....... Dunno

Cheryl TWEEDY!!!! Mad Mad Mad That chick gets right on my nerves. Though wanting to kill her is a step far Laughing Maybe just a little pain would do it Laughing
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 6th October 2010, 1:36 pm

Exactly, either they didn't even check it out, which is highly irresponsible, or they did but kept quiet knowing that would be yet another X Factor front page in the bag. Either way the show has treated this girl terribly.

I agree that death threats are going a bit far but I still can't believe how badly she came across across those two shows. She made only superficial vague comments and the occasional insight that was way off. Will I am seemed to be there only because of his name, not to add anything to the proceedings, and she seemed to be watching different singers than we all were.

Another thing that bothers me about the justification for some of the decisions not to let someone through because they're "not ready" or "too young", the show has a lower age limit for a reason. If they're old enough to audition then they're old enough to compete, surely!!

I felt bad for Anastacia to, it wasn't fair to take her to the same stage again whilst all along telling her that she'd got so much better. She got to judges houses last time so if she's so much better this time then she should be allowed to go further in the competition.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 6th October 2010, 1:39 pm

it may have been known that the manufactured groups would get through but it's completely unfair on the groups that have actually got this far together, to be told that the chance of them getting a slot has just dropped by two thirds. They should have let the two fake groups go through as an extra to the line up, A group has yet to win X Factor and jamming in two groups that barely know each other just makes it even less likely that a groups will win it this year.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 6th October 2010, 1:41 pm

I'm still not sure about Danni though, she did alright. I really didn't rate any of them except maybe the guy that did the falsetto 'You're just a boy'. That wasn't perfect but it was risky and came across quite well I thought.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 6th October 2010, 1:52 pm

I felt really bad for Anastacia. I'm not joining the "Gamu should've got through" brigade, but for sure Anastacia was far superior to Katie who has had a recording contract already and STILL couldn't perform Shocked Just goes to show that Cheryl was only offered the role of Judge because she was the "Nation's Sweetheart" at the time thanks solely to Ashley Cole. I hope she is never allowed to do another X-Factor after this.

It was really unfair on the groups, but then, though it pains me to say it, look at what Girls Aloud achieved after being put together in pretty mcuh the same fashion Dunno The "Wild Cards" this weekend should be interesting as I think 1 act from each catergory will be given another chance, so back will come one of the groups & with any luck back will come Anastacia.

Hopefully Katie will be voted out at the very first opportunity Hmph

I think the winner will come from the Girls or the Groups this time round. Slightly tipping the groups because I think the girls will face a massive backlash thanks to Cheryl & her idiotic decsions.
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 6th October 2010, 2:02 pm

For me it could just as easily been Gamu or Anastacia that went through over Katie but there's no way Katie was a better singer than either of those two. I doubt Anastacia will come back as a wild card though, she was in the Sun today slating the show and calling the Judges two faced and heartless Laughing

You're right, Girls aloud managed to survive the process and make a damn good career from it but I thought this year the groups were the best they've ever had. I would have liked to have seen more of them go through I suppose.

Katie is sure to suffer from this whole fiasco but I think if Cher brings it to her performance, the way I really want to see her do, she could blow the competition away. I've had both her auditions running through my head for days, she's really catchy. I actually liked the second one, it was a big risk, I have heard the coldplay version since and I was singing along with the extra rap bit in it Laughing
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 6th October 2010, 2:29 pm

My only problem with Cher was her inability to perform at the Judges house. I know from experience that in these kind of things you've really got to bring it on the night because the past is the past. For me the first audition was stage 1, which she passed with flying colours. Boot camp was stage 2, which she passed even with taking a risk. The Judges house was stage 3, which she failed miserably. Is it right to put someone through to stage 4 based solely on their stage 1 & stage 2 performance? If an athlete couldn't run at an Olympic Semi Final, would the fact that they broke records in previous rounds see them through to the Final? Nope i just think if you're gonna run it like a competition then competition rules should apply across the board Dunno But she is bloody good and I can see her going far.

Anastacia should be brought back though. I think she was referring to Cheryl in her rant & you can't really blame her. As you said, she was telling her that she's got much better yet still dumped her out for no good reason. On top of that, when Anastacia didn't perform at the same stage a couple years ago her previous auditions weren't taken into account....... thinking And to make matters worse Katie hasn’t once completed a half decent performance…. thinking I’ve got to agree with Anastacia.. Dunno

I think Cher will have to really bring it big time. She's got no more chances to mess up really. Katie is gone no matter what she does Dunno
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by El_Guapo 6th October 2010, 2:40 pm

I think it depends on whether the final choices are based upon the final performance in the judges house or whether it's a total assessment of all their performances?

If it's a total assessment then I think Cher deserves to go through. I was listening to her first audition again last night and it really was bloody fantastic.

I don't think her second performance was as good but this is only because I don't think her rap twist on it really worked. However she is young and inexperienced and these are things that she will develop with time.
El_Guapo
El_Guapo
Baby Spawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 6th October 2010, 2:42 pm

That is true, it's a competition and if there was a point in taking them to the judges house then it should have been that the best performances there got through. I still love Cher and I want to buy an album of whatever she can do.

Didn't say I didn't agree with Anastacia but it might have scuppered her chance of a rematch Laughing
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 6th October 2010, 2:43 pm

Hi Guapo Waving

I just re-listened to both performances, first one is still brilliant, second one was great after the intro. When she started rapping you didn't know where it was going and it felt out of place somehow, after the song kicked in it got much better I thought.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by El_Guapo 6th October 2010, 3:07 pm

Exactly what I thought but you have to give the young girl credit for having the nerve to try and put her own spin on it instead of churning out just another cover.

What I like most about Cher is the originality. Part of me hopes she doesn't win the whole compeition as I think maybe that could send her career in the wrong direction.

She's not "manufactured" material IMHO. She has potential to be so much more.
El_Guapo
El_Guapo
Baby Spawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 6th October 2010, 3:21 pm

Good point there Guapo. If it's based on all three then Cher deserves to go through, but I think Katie still doesn't whichever way it's swung Dunno

LP, I think you're spot on there too actually. She has messed up her chance of getting back in, but I'm still gonna hold out hope Laughing
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 6th October 2010, 4:12 pm

Agreed, if it's based on potential + overall performance then Cher has to go through. I cannot see anyway in which I could swing it to let Katie through Dunno
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by El_Guapo 6th October 2010, 4:25 pm

Agree about Katie too. Thought she's been absolutely dire throughout.

Going back to the "did they or didn't they" know about Gamu thing though maybe they had no choice in the end but to put Katie through?

Must admit I haven't been following the show too closely so I don't know if there were any other good female acts that missed out.
El_Guapo
El_Guapo
Baby Spawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 6th October 2010, 4:29 pm

Anastacia, far & away deserved to go through over Katie. She's been on the show a few times & got to the judges house before but fluffed it at that point when she forgot the words which is why she didn't go any further.

This time she was great all the way through & Katie fluffed her lines twice, but still no Anastacia Dunno It's almost like it's one rule for some & another rule for others.......
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by El_Guapo 6th October 2010, 5:21 pm

I didn't even see Katie's audition but I saw her at Cheryls. Total rubbish IMO.

Do you think it might be because Katie might be more marketable? I have no clue what Anastacia looks like or what her image was like.
El_Guapo
El_Guapo
Baby Spawn

Back to top Go down

Post by El_Guapo 6th October 2010, 5:21 pm

Save that thought. Catch you tomorrow pond dwellers!
El_Guapo
El_Guapo
Baby Spawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 6th October 2010, 5:24 pm

Speak to you soon Guapo Waving
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style