Frog N Bones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout 4

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fallout 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout 4

Post by Frog 25th July 2016, 10:59 pm

Ok so do you leave the fusion cores in your power armour so that your settlers can use is when you're not there or do you always takes the keys with you?
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

https://frognbones.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 26th July 2016, 3:49 pm

Yep, Just give it to myself. Sometimes I buy them from vendors after gifting myself a few thousand caps. Depends on how I feel. But I do go on a hunt from time to time for a laugh with just a knife & a plasma pistol to make things interesting.

Old Longfellow is pretty cool actually. Almost forgot about him. I like his coat.....

I felt the same about starting a new character, but you can't do everything in one run without reloading to an earlier save. My lvl 120 character gets a run out whenever I install a new mod or DLC. My new character (lvl 22 at the mo I think) is going to pick up some of the stuff I missed because I had killed someone I maybe shouldn't have......

Now, Fusion cores. I take them out every time now. Those damned settlers keep getting in it and trying to run away, plus if you leave it in the wrong place then a raider might take it instead making it really hard to get back and impossible if you kill the raider in your power armour. Anyway, my settlers are Sooooo pimped out that they don't need it really. Mini-guns, Rocket Launchers, plasma rifles & Gattling Lasers are equipped on most settlers, unless they are at one of my power armour stores. No gattling lasers for those lot. Plus my settlement defences are insane!! All are over 100 defensive rating & a few are as high as 600+. I go to most settlements just to watch the death and destruction when some idiot group of raiders, super mutants, ghouls or deathclaws attempt an attack. And now I have deathclaws defending my settlements too! Nothing like watching your pet deathclaw lift a raider over its head and then rip them apart. Yummy!! There's nowhere for attackers to hide!
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 27th July 2016, 12:05 am

Only just discovered you can give Curie a body Shocked
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 27th July 2016, 1:00 pm

Wait, you didn't know that?? I thought you had completed all 4 endings..... HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW THAT????

You know you can upgrade Codsworth right?? Pimp him out with gattling lasers & a missile launcher..... Give him legs... maybe wheels......
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 27th July 2016, 10:13 pm

I did know that, I just haven't bothered Laughing you may remember that some of us still have to find materials for all that sort of thing!!

Seriously dude, you can give yourself caps. You let me down Numpty

I have done the endings but I haven't completed all the side missions, maxed out all companions etc.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 27th July 2016, 10:14 pm

I knew about Codsworth I mean Embarassed
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 27th July 2016, 10:28 pm

Just downloaded the Vault-tec DLC, heading over to vault 88 now
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 29th July 2016, 11:57 pm

Ok so you can build a vault, piece by piece in a vast expanse of space. Seems a little too daunting to begin!

I've cleared out all the rubble, destroyed all the baddies and got me a couple of dwellers.

I have to say that I do like the idea of making my own vault but I think if I run headlong into it I'll get bored and give up. doing a little bit at a time seems to be the best way with this.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 30th July 2016, 2:16 pm

Well, the Vault-Tec workshop started life as a Mod on PC. All they've done is put a little story line over it, incorporate parts of Fallout Shelter and made specific spaces for you to build your vaults. Coffee Slightly disappointed with Bethesda on this one I must say. It's almost impossible to build a fully self contained vault, plus all that space wasted in the cave which I could've used to build a magnificent vault. Nuka-World better make up for this. Smarty

I've noticed that there seems to be a change from Bethesda. I mean, Look at Fallout 3. The DLC's for that we're all story based. Point Lookout, Mothership Zeta, Broken Steel, Operation Ancorage & The Pitt, they all added many hours of gameplay to the base game and were worth it. With New Vegas they did pretty much the same thing, (Though I realise this wasn't all Bethesda). Old world Blues, Dead Money, Honest Hearts & Lonesome road expanded the story and gave hours more gameplay whilst only 2 (Couriers Stash & Gun Runners Arsenal) didn't do this. Thumbs up Thumbs up
Elder scrolls series did the same and released DLC's which were (said to be) worth it and expanded on the game and world (Embarassed Going off reviews here as I own Oblivion & Skyrim but have never played them...... Embarassed )

With Fallout 4 they've announced 6 DLCs so far. Only 2 of these expand on the story and the world (Far Harbour & Nuka World). The rest add stuff which was already available via mods or adds stuff which the game should've shipped with in the first place. Swear Swear Arrrgg Think they need to pull their socks up a bit and bring us at least 1 more really good and long story based DLC with an additional area of the world to explore. It's the least they can do for their loyal players.
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 30th July 2016, 11:14 pm

Totally with you on this one, the DLC now doesn't even feel like DLC (with the exception of far harbour) it is more like updates. I havent even used the workshop guff that has been added on Dunno

The shame of it is that this game must have taken years to create and it feels far more hollow than 3 to me. The story is less enthralling, the side missions are a little bit formulaic and samey. There is the scope to keep adding to this map that they have invested so much time in and I worry that they wont do that.

Remember things like the vampire missions in Fallout 3? The mechanist and Ant man war? Karma? Dialogue options that you could only get with certain perks making you want to replay the game over and over to discover all the secrets?

Another thing I find a little hard to square away is that you come out of the vault on a mission to find your baby boy, you just watched him get taken Shocked and the guy who took him killed your wife/husband Shocked .............thinking ................ so you build settlements and hunt for crap to make into other stuff?
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 30th July 2016, 11:16 pm

Dont think I'm letting that oblivion/skyrim confession go unanswered either Suspect Just when you think you know a guy Suspect
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 31st July 2016, 3:21 pm

Yep. Don't get me wrong, I still like the game, but they've missed a serious opportunity here. This game could've been and feels like it really should be far better and deeper than it is at present. I honestly thought it was something they ddi on purpose, with the intent of fleshing it out with DLCs later, but I hear through the grapevine that they are not planning anymore after Nuka world. Thank goodness for Mods and modders. It's just a shame that Bethesda think it's okay to make their loyal fans shoulder the burden of fleshing out the game...... Maybe it was always the plan....
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 31st July 2016, 3:22 pm

And can't we just skip by the Oblivion/Skyrim thing if I promise to play at least one of them before the end of the year? Embarassed Embarassed
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 31st July 2016, 8:05 pm

I like the game too but as a console player I won't get all the mods that you get on pc, at least I don't think I will.
Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed it emmensly but I wish there was a little more to it than there is, that uniqueness that made fallout so addictive to begin with seems to have gone a little mainstream and predictable.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 31st July 2016, 10:29 pm

Many of the mods available for Fallout 4 have been made available for X-Box as well. You should be able to sign into bethesda via the game once it has launched. Then you should be able to browse and download any of the mods available. You can check some reviews and popular ones here: http://www.gottabemobile.com/2016/07/26/fallout-4-mods-xbox-one-ps4/
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 31st July 2016, 10:36 pm

No way Shocked

That is awesome, I am going to check that out on my next play. That might make up for the lack of depth in the game so far
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 31st July 2016, 10:41 pm

Way! They do a decent job of fleshing things out or just making things more fun. Lily LP
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2