Frog N Bones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damn You Microsoft!!! (Shakes fist...)

3 posters

Go down

Damn You Microsoft!!! (Shakes fist...) Empty Damn You Microsoft!!! (Shakes fist...)

Post by El_Guapo 15th October 2010, 1:16 pm

Hasn't anybody told these people we're in recession? Facing cuts? Tightening our belts?

How could they be soooooo insensitive? How could they place me with this dilemma?!

What do I do? How do I get around this?

What am I talking about?

Fallout 3 New Vegas or Medal of Honour!!
Which new release do I get? I can't afford two!!!

El_Guapo
El_Guapo
Baby Spawn

Back to top Go down

Damn You Microsoft!!! (Shakes fist...) Empty Re: Damn You Microsoft!!! (Shakes fist...)

Post by Bones 15th October 2010, 1:33 pm

thinking thinking Hmmmmm...... Tough Call thinking

If it were me I'd go for New Vegas...... You could always take out a small loan Dunno
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Damn You Microsoft!!! (Shakes fist...) Empty Re: Damn You Microsoft!!! (Shakes fist...)

Post by El_Guapo 15th October 2010, 1:42 pm

I'm leaning towards New Vegas too. More bang for your buck IMO. Medal of Honour will probably be clocked in a few days.

Fallout it is!!

Lily
El_Guapo
El_Guapo
Baby Spawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 15th October 2010, 3:04 pm

cheers cheers cheers It's the way forward Lily
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 15th October 2010, 4:53 pm

No doubt LP
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

https://frognbones.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by El_Guapo 16th October 2010, 11:17 pm

Ok...

Well, typically, I totally ignored what I decided and got Medal of Honour last night.

So how is it? Well I'll tell ya...

The obvious comparison is going to be with Modern Warfare 2 so let me start by getting that out the way. It's not as good. Sorry. However, it does come a very close second and I mean very close.

Graphically the game is top notch. The level of detail is on a par with Modern Warfare 2 so on that score it's pretty even. Not really much to separate the two in terms of visuals.

Aurally the same can be said. The weapons all shoot with a satisfying bang and the explosions, when played through a good sound system with a decent sub-woofer, will make your neighbours begin building bomb shelter in their back gardens.

Where the game is slightly better than Modern Warfare is in the teamplay. Your AI buddies are surprisingly competent and perhaps a little too good sometimes. Just as you've sneakily flanked an enemy position, lined up the taliban in your sight, uttered the obligatory wise crack juuuuust before you pull the trigger, the guys head is blown clean off by one of your buddies. What a bastard.

This is a minor gripe though and generally you'll be thankful for your teammates assistance. The game is lot more tactical than Modern Warfare's steam-in-and-blast-anything that moves mentality.

And I guess that's why I prefer Modern Warfare 2. Medal of Honour isn't strategic enough to compare with the likes of Rainbow Six and it simply doesn't have the heartpounding wow factor of Modern Warfare.

Is it worth £40. Abso-freakin-lutely. Don't get me wrong. This game is awesome and you'll love every minute of it but it won't leave the same impression as Modern Warfare and won't keep you coming back for more in the same way.

El_Guapo
El_Guapo
Baby Spawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum