Frog N Bones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jamie Bulger's Killer

3 posters

Go down

Jamie Bulger's Killer Empty Jamie Bulger's Killer

Post by Frog 6th March 2010, 8:40 am

Not sure why this hasn't been discussed yet but I just wondered if any of you felt we, the public, had a right to know what he was sent back to prison for?

Is it any of our business now that he is back inside and can no longer pose any threat to any of us?
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

https://frognbones.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Jamie Bulger's Killer Empty Re: Jamie Bulger's Killer

Post by Truthy 6th March 2010, 10:58 am

I think the public has every right to know. I don't think they should have ever been released in the first place. Some people are plain evil, very few admittedly but there are certain cases when 'evil' is the only way to descibe a person and it certainly applied in the case of those two monsters.
Truthy
Truthy
Baby Spawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 7th March 2010, 2:05 am

I heard the first logical argument for disclosing his crimes this evening. With all due respect the opinions stated here so far are just emotionally charged reactions to the reminder of the crime he committed. That's not to say they aren't valid thoughts and opinions but just not what I would call a solid reason for us to be informed.

The argument I heard was that we should always be aware of why people are getting locked up because if we aren't then the system is wide open to abuse. If those that make these decisions are aware that the public will have the chance to scrutinise their judgement then it is much less likely that the individuals personal feelings will affect a verdict.

Does that make sense?
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 10th March 2010, 11:52 am

Once he's charged, taken to court, legally & fairly tried & sentenced, then we will know. Before that there's no reason why we should know what he has been "Accused" of. It's an accusation & in this country everyone is innocent until proven guilty regardless of what they have been proven guilty of in the past.

He committed a crime many years ago. He served his time (Although I think it should've been longer) so that's that done & dusted. If he's found guilty of whatever he's been accused of this time then we'll hear about it & talk about it. Shouldn't be released before in my opinion.
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 10th March 2010, 3:48 pm

Tytonidae wrote:Well I don't think there is any right 'to know'at this stage for the public or James' parents and I agree with Straws statement.

I didn't fully understand your comment LP;our option to scrutinise decisions can come later, after trial or whatever but why is our keeping a check on our decision makers dependent on us knowing 'now'?

Don't get me wrong Ty, I don't think we should know. That was just the only reasonable argument for disclosure that I'd heard.

I don't think it's anyones business except the people involved in his case.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 10th March 2010, 4:52 pm

But if he has been arrested and returned to prison then our justice system is working. He served his time and made bail, he broke bail conditions and went back to jail. How does knowing what he did make any difference to you or I?

Be careful you don't confuse your right to know with your natural curiosity.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 11th March 2010, 10:33 am

I see your point YTB, although I happen to believe that rehabilitation can work. I still don't think that the general public is in any way qualified to decide on the fate of offenders though. You only need to look through our history to see that en masse we are a stupid and retaliatory group of people who will mostly go with the crowd as it's in our own personal best interests. Remember hearing about the witch trials? This is the sort of behaviour that I would be keen to avoid, and don't tell me that this wouldn't happen today because you know damn well that it would.

You're right about prison life being a cushy alternative to some people, I've never understood the logic behind that one either.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 11th March 2010, 1:28 pm

How's the system not working. scratch He was given a chance to prove that he's changed, he fluffed it & is now back inside. Everyone deserves a second chance & I'm pretty sure he's not back inside for the torture & Murder of a young child as that would be big news.............
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 11th March 2010, 4:43 pm

Rehabilitation is a separate thread on it's own I think, I take your point there YTB that there are some that are beyond rehab but you cannot use black and white rules for the human condition. If rehab works in only 10% of offenders then isn't that worth our efforts? It's hard to be understanding when looking at a case like Ian Huntley but what about a young lad who constantly shoplifts for the buzz of it? Can he not be saved?
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 11th March 2010, 4:49 pm

Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 21st June 2010, 5:46 pm

Just saw on the news that "Apparently" he's been charged with downloading & distributing indecent images Shocked Shocked

More to come when I see the rest of the report.............
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 21st June 2010, 6:55 pm

Well, I'm sure you've all read or seen the news now......... Shocked

If he's found guilty....... Shocked well.......

Who would be to blame.....??
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 22nd June 2010, 11:09 am

Bugger! What a total prick!

Still doesn't change my argument here but I can see how it may strengthen the opposition.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 22nd June 2010, 11:20 am

I think the main problem is that the 2 crimes are related, even if only loosely. In this case it seems the system f**ked up royally.......
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 22nd June 2010, 11:31 am

Yes, that is clearly the case.

Sooooooooooooooo that means that everyone who said he shouldn't be let out were right weren't they? Or were they still wrong but have now had their unfounded prejudice unexpectedly vindicated? (4 big words in a row, I'm on fire!!)
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 22nd June 2010, 11:42 am

Well, their prejudice has been unexpectedly vindicated; however, he had to be given a second chance for it to be vindicated, so no, they were incorrect in their original analysis that he should've remained incarcerated in my opinion.
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 22nd June 2010, 2:16 pm

That what I thought. So how could this have been prevented whilst upholding a fair system?
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 22nd June 2010, 2:23 pm

Exactly Dunno It simply couldn't of been prevented with a fair system, but at the same time you could say that whatever "Rehabilitation" was given to venebles as a youngster didn't work. It could also be argued that this crime is a direct result of his incarceration...........
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 22nd June 2010, 2:52 pm

It's a tough one, how can you tell if someone is really rehabilitated? Everyone can lie and some are better than others. Hiding your true self for the benefit of authority figures is something we've all done since school so I just don't see how you can be sure.

Would have expected him to be under tighter surveillance upon his release though, if only for his own safety given public opinion of him.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 22nd June 2010, 3:21 pm

True, there's no real way of telling really Dunno

I thought he was gonna be under a strict watch as well. It's quite shocking that he was able to do this for pretty much a whole year before being nabbed....
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum