Frog N Bones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS3 Network Problems

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PS3 Network Problems Empty Re: PS3 Network Problems

Post by Frog 2nd March 2010, 8:59 am

That's ridiculous! How can they hold you to ransom like that? There was another game not so long ago that relied on a network connection, lost planet I think it was, but that was purely a game played with other people so it sort of made sense. You could buy it and play it by yourself but there wasn't any point as there would be nobody to play against.

Sony are taking the piss with this little manoeuvre me thinks.
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

https://frognbones.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 2nd March 2010, 9:12 am

Total Flipping disgrace that what is primarily a games console cannot be used as a stand alone games console!! Mad Mad

This problem affected me (as it did most PS3 owners, apparently slim or not.......) and I was outraged by the fact that I could browse the internet, watch TV, watch films, play music, watch DVD's, Watch Blurays but I couldn't do the one thing I brought it to do which is play games!!! Mad I have a PC (Although it's not currently working) for internet use. I have a Television & am paying Sky obscene amounts per month to be able to watch TV & films. I have a DVD player to watch DVD's. Fair play, I don't have a stand alone BluRay player but then I don't own a vast amount of BluRay's. My Games console should be a games console first! What a cheek that you need to be connected to the internet to play games!!! Mad Had I plugged in my PS2 their network problems wouldn't affect my gaming, but with the upgraded model it does scratch It makes no damn sense!! Mad

If Sony are saying that everyone should own PS3 slims, then they should write to all PS3 owners with the old system and offer them a free upgrade! As you have to be connected to the Playstation network Sony have all the serial numbers & contact details for PS3 owners connected to their network. How hard would it be to say "Bring the PS3 system most recently connected to the Playstation network to your nearest games store & exchange it free of charge for a new Slimline Model. One exchange only & must be in full working condition."? How hard is that? The PS3 slim currently costs upto £279.99, I think, and has a 250gb Hard Drive. Owners of the old model paid upto £399.99 (& maybe above) for their model with a 20 - 80gb Hard Drive!! Mad Mad

But if they did that they wouldn't make any money off us!! Cheeky Bastards!! Mad Mad

To make matters worse, if your game was made pre 2007 it was unaffected!!!!!! Mad Mad It’s all the games people had recently shelled out upto £50 a pop for which were the affected ones!! And why the Hell is my Playstation connected to the damn internet if I’m playing a game offline!!!!??? Mad Mad Mad Mad

Sony really let their loyal customers down yesterday…….
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 2nd March 2010, 9:16 am

Shocked I have to say I thought it was a bloody cheek but until I read the frustrations of a PS3 owner I hadn't really comprehended how pissed off you must feel!!

Maybe that 360 console isn't looking so bad after all PS3 Network Problems 581813
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 2nd March 2010, 9:28 am

That 360Elite is looking like a pretty solid investment at the moment. thinking

I think I would've understood if I couldn't play online, but not to be able to use it all is a mind boggling. The fact it only affected all the latest titles was even more mind boggling. Can you believe even the theme I had set for my PS3 home screen wouldn't work Shocked I couldn't set the time & date Shocked But I could watch damned well BBC iPlayer!!! Mad Mad Mad What a Facking Liberty!!! Mad Mad Mad

At least with X-Box I'd get Sky player & the games a slightly cheaper!!!!! Mad Mad I guess this is the price I pay for staying loyal...... Crying or Very sad
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 2nd March 2010, 9:32 am

I'd have done the same if I had anyone to play online with dude, Sony has always had the better console, I guess they just got a bit cocky! Dunno
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 2nd March 2010, 9:40 am

I have to concur there. they seem to have got very cocky. This has happened before, but it never affected offline gaming. I think they should have a massive rethink about their network otherwise some of us diehard Sony fans might just go over to the other side........
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 2nd March 2010, 9:42 am

I wouldn't be surprised if it's already dented their numbers. Is this a permanent change then, I just find it so baffling that they would willingly do this?
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 2nd March 2010, 9:58 am

And Kitt's hit the tail on the donkey! They stuck to their 24hour resolution deadline, but they should make games which a completely offline or ones where, as before, you can download additional content, but still be able to play without the network. However, they’ve covered themselves well as it is in the small print of all PS3 games that Broadband connection & a playstation Network account is required & that the playstation network may sometimes be unavailable.

It's something that's a permanent fixture I believe. I mean, I tried playing Bayonetta last night which is a 1 player game with no online play available. It's only online feature is a "Leaderboard" (Nothing more than a network High Scores List) which you get the OPTION to participate in or not, yet it still wouldn't work due to network issues scratch

I just have to wonder if they can monitor everything I do via my playstation, because if that's the case I may need to plug my hard drive out...... Embarassed
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 2nd March 2010, 10:01 am

rofl You've let big brother into your home and were even singing his praises til you realised who he was rofl
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 2nd March 2010, 10:05 am

Their marketing should currently be telling them that their customers think they're arseholes!! Laughing
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 2nd March 2010, 10:15 am

Well, we'll see how good their marketing is. If I get offers for District 9, then I'm okay-ish.......

If I get offers for Big Booty Cheerleaders 7 I might be in trouble....... Embarassed Embarassed
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 9th March 2010, 9:44 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked No, No Shocked Not the Yellow light!!! Shocked Shocked

Damn it!! Mad Mad There's no saving it from the yellow light Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad WHY!!!!!!??/ WHY???!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad May his PS3 Rest In Peace......... Sad Sad

Silver Lining is Now he can get a Slimline one..... cheers
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 9th March 2010, 1:40 pm

Mad Mad Mad Think I should take mine & trade it in now........... affraid
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 9th March 2010, 1:53 pm

Yeah, They're cheeky bastards like that. They can't explain the fault but expect you to shell out £150 when it occurs. Think I'll take mine & trade it for a new slimline one this weekend. At least I'll get about £100 of the price of a slimline at the minute
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 10th March 2010, 12:07 am

I used a Youtube fix on my first Xbox, it worked for a while but I still had to get a new one eventually. Who knows with the PS3 though Dunno Different console, different problem, different solution thinking
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 2nd May 2010, 1:20 pm

Mad: Mad: The Damn thing won't work!!! Shocked It'll do everything else, it will load DVD's, Browse the Net etc etc but it won't play Blu-Ray's and guess which format all their games are in!!!!??? Mad Mad

Called Sony and they said as it's out of warrenty they'll replace it with a like for like reconditioned model for £131!!!! Shocked Shocked

Thought I'd get an X-box, but a mate of mine is currently on his 5th one Shocked and that's in the time I've had my PS3........... thinking

Bastards Sad Sad
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 3rd May 2010, 5:49 pm

Now there's none in stock due to a F*&~*~G B&*£~%D *&$~**# Stirke in pissing well France!!!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by munchkin 10th August 2010, 12:16 pm

a question........if or should i say when my ps3 dies.....is there any way i can retrieve the info stored on it or do i have to start from scratch ?.......i mean i have family holiday videos on it a whole photo album,trophy collection,loads of music albums etc etc etc.......i would be devastated to think that i will lose the lot forever if my ps3 packs in....
munchkin
munchkin
baby sperm whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 10th August 2010, 12:50 pm

There are 2 ways to transfer your data:

1) Get a transfer cable. This will transfer ALL data from you PS3 Harddrive to any other PS3 Harddrive. Costs around £15-£20, but both PS3's would need to be in working condition.

2) Easier option, You can dump all your info onto an External Hard drive. Make sure the External Harddrive is bigger than the one you have so a 250GB one will do fine (Argos, PC world etc for about £40 max). This external Harddrive will need to be in FAT32 format for the PS3 to read it. You can reformat a Harddrive using a PC. Copy everything to the external Harddrive then copy it to the new PS3 when you're ready. The only downside to this is many of your game saves & Game Data will be lost using this method.

To keep your trophies you'll just need to Sync your PS3 with the Playstation Network before you set up the new one. Once you've set up the new one sign into the PS3 network as usual & then Sync again. All your trophy information will be downloaded onto the new one.

I took the External Harddrive option as it also means I can back up my entire PS3 with no fuss.... Just in case LP
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by munchkin 10th August 2010, 1:05 pm

bloody hell mrT....nothing easy then......i havnt got a pc......i havnt got a lappy....as per usual it looks like im going to have to get someone else to help me out...i will get around to showing someone whos techie minded to look at your post and let them do all the work.....bloody technology.....

thankyou mrT
munchkin
munchkin
baby sperm whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 10th August 2010, 2:07 pm

No Worries. Best way for the external harddrive is to check how it's formatted out of the factory. Some are FAT32 & others are NTFS. You'll want the previous one. The brand of the one I got for my PS3 is "Buffalo". It comes formatted to FAT32 already so your PS will read it straight out the box. Not sure if they do smaller than 500GB though and the 500GB ones are about £50. Very good investment though....... LP
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by munchkin 10th August 2010, 2:23 pm

thanks again mrT.....i'll get my techie pal to translate what you just said for me.......cheers PS3 Network Problems 41036
munchkin
munchkin
baby sperm whale

Back to top Go down

Post by munchkin 22nd September 2010, 5:45 am

mrT......i couldnt get on the PSN last night,the internet was running ok just the PSN i couldnt log in,it said it didnt recognise either my e-mail address or my password,this is odd because ive never changed or altered my e-mail addy or password,it said the same thing on 2 other accounts that i tried to log in with,any idea wtf is going on ?

also do you know a number i can call or e-mail addy for playstation customer services ?
munchkin
munchkin
baby sperm whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 22nd September 2010, 9:14 am

The PSN often goes down in this way. It's usually only for a few hours, but sometimes it may require up to 24 hours before you can get back online. Don't panic, it should be fine tonight.

As for Customer services, you should be able to find the number on the back cover of any PS3 game. I haven't got any of them with me at the minute so I can't post the number, but it's there on the back of every cover. Before contacting them it may be wise to check out their online Support site for frequently asked questions & answers to them: http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/support/faqs/
Or if it's only PSN you have a problem with then this page may be better: http://uk.playstation.com/psn/support/

Hope that Helps.
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 22nd September 2010, 9:44 am

Bad luck dudes LP
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style