Frog N Bones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National Benefit Fraud Hotline

3 posters

Go down

National Benefit Fraud Hotline Empty Re: National Benefit Fraud Hotline

Post by Bones 18th February 2010, 1:05 pm

Maybe......... If someone really got on my nerves & I wanted vengence Twisted Evil

Apart from that, probably not........
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 18th February 2010, 1:32 pm

Late night parties would only get on my nerves if I wasn't invited lol!

I don't know what it would take to be honest. I'm a pretty easy going guy so it would take something pretty serious to make me want retribution.

Many different systems get abused by many people in various ways so I say live & let live. Maybe if the amount I paid in tax & N.I were to decrease as a result of less benefit abuse I might be more inclined to make the call. Facts are if the general public don't abuse the benefits then you can be certain that some of those in positions of power will.

All I know is either way, I still have to go to work & pay the taxman, regardless of what happens to the cash........
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 18th February 2010, 1:39 pm

Syl wrote:No I could'nt Ty.
I think we have to walk in someone elses shoes before we judge them. If I KNEW they were taking the p***, I would either say something directly to their face, or if that was'nt possible I MAY write them a letter letting them know they had been "noticed" I would prefer to do that, so as to give them the opportunity to sort themselves out, than to "snitch" on anyone.

True there..... No one likes a tattle tale.............. Grassing on someone was always a no no.........
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 18th February 2010, 2:05 pm

Me going to work whilst others live off me? Laughing The government, MP's, The Royal Family..... many come to mind with that phrase Laughing For me it's the way it is. How would the money be put to better use? Better air travel for MP's? Third house payments? or maybe another massive Dome with no use at all Laughing If the extra cash was available it'd be wasted by the government just like every other penny we work hard to earn.

It's my civic duty to pay my taxes. People are hired to track down benefit abusers, people who are paid because of tax money. I say they should do the job which my tax cash is paying for them to do...... They don't help me with my job Laughing

Maybe I am part of the problem, but maybe if certain people did the jobs they were paid to do there wouldn't be such a problem.........
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 18th February 2010, 2:33 pm

But there are people like you who would grass up benefit abusers which balances the "problem"..............

Investigators are hired to catch benefit abusers, claims are supposed to be constatly checked for validity. If this was being done correctly how could there be a problem?
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 18th February 2010, 3:39 pm

The only person I rely on is myself & even I let me down sometimes Laughing

I think everything has a spectrum where we are all plotted. I'm at one end of the spectrum where I generally wouldn't grass. You're almost at the other end of the spectrum, where you want to, but are worried about the repercussions. There are some who are right at the opposite end of the spectrum to me who would grass up their own mother! Shocked I just think if I'm not willing to do it there is someone who is willing to do it. If I couldn't care less there are those who could.

Maybe these people feel they are owed something, maybe they're just out for what they can get, maybe they're are just taking advantage of holes in the system, or maybe they are lazy greedy workshy tosspot leeches who can only live off the sweat of others.
Either way, as long as benefits exist benefit thieves will exist. There's always a way round the system & if those giving benefits continue to be useless at their jobs these parasites will continue to thrive.....
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthy 2nd March 2010, 7:40 pm

How many of these people do you think exist or what percentage of benefit claimants do you think are on the fiddle?

A very tiny percentage judging from what I can ascertain, it is very hard to fiddle the system. Most on benefits are on them because REAL employment has declined and the numbers of women working has soared over the last 30 years. Britain lost some 2 million manufacturing jobs in the 1980's alone. Add to that uneeded immigration and the increase in technology and its not rocket science to see that real work has declined drastically.

Its unlikely that the full employment of the 1960's will ever return and a tiny number of people on the fiddle is something society is going to have to live with.

Most people on benefits are honest and most struggle.

Last edited by Truthy on 6th March 2010, 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Truthy
Truthy
Baby Spawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 6th March 2010, 3:05 am

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

I agree that it's annoying when you hear of some people really abusing the system while you're working your arse off for less but I always think that as long as you're square with your own conscience then let other people worry about their own.

Respect is key and it's not drummed into people well enough, respect everyone and you will find happiness, be it rich or poor. Very Happy
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

https://frognbones.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 7th March 2010, 1:59 am

The thing for me is I know you're right Ty but I just don't feel strongly enough about it to potentially put myself in a retaliatory firing line. That's not to say I wouldn't report someone if I really thought their behaviour was unacceptable, just that I don't think any of us would really feel much benefit from shopping each other in.

Everyone bends or breaks rules from time to time so if we start a culture of checking up on each other then we are just planting the seed for another detrimental sway in our social patterns. No win, no fee ring any bells?
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

https://frognbones.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down