Frog N Bones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Top Four

Go down

The Top Four Empty Re: The Top Four

Post by Bones 22nd December 2009, 8:29 am

Manchester United
Chelsea
Aston Villa
Arsenal OR Tottenham

Liverpool won't make & Mancini is getting sacked at the end of the season.
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 22nd March 2010, 10:27 am

So, seems like it's not so much a "Big Four" as a "Big Three". The weekends results means that the table is rather tight at the top with just 8 games to play (9 for Chelsea)

So, who's gonna win it?

Manchester United
Arsenal
Chelsea

And who's gonna grab that last "Champions League" spot?

Tottenham are sitting there at the moment, but Aston Villa & Manchester Shitty.... Sorry Embarassed Manchester City are right behind them. The hopes of Loserpool Embarassed I mean Liverpool, seems to have taken a dent after Yesterdays result, but they still have an outside chance...... But who would you put your money on now?
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 22nd March 2010, 12:50 pm

If you're a Liverpool fan you should be honest, you want Arsenal to win so that Manchester United don't overtake you as the team with the most English League titles..... Laughing I'm just teasing.

The foul itself was outside the box, but the player went over inside the box. I think the ref had 2 choices.
1) Red card for the player making the foul as the last defender.......
2) Penalty & Yellow card

I think most Liverpool fans would want the latter........ Also, you've got to keep in mind that Liverpool vs Manchester United is THE rivalry in English League football. There is no other rivalry like it in this country so it's natural that they would up their game for it. A night at Wigan however...... The Top Four 581813
As for qualification, winning the Europa League only ensures that Liverpool qualify for next seasons Europa League. To qualify for next seasons Champions League you need a top 4 finish in the Premiership OR you need to win the Champions League ( http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/UCL/88/61/44/886144_DOWNLOAD.pdf )
Liverpool NEED fourth if they want Champions League football next season and at this rate unless they win the Europa League they won't even be in that competition.......

I think it's safe to write Liverpool off for fourth place if I'm honest.
4 points behind Tottenham having played a game more......
2 points behind Man City having played 2 games more.......
And only 1 point ahead of Villa having played 2 games more.......
Liverpool need a minor miracle if they are to grab fourth. They need to pray that Spurs, City & Villa have a very poor run in.......... Unlikely that all three of those teams will collapse in my opinion......
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 22nd March 2010, 2:34 pm

Derby? scratch Sitting 18th in the Coca Cola Championship last I heard.........

I'll check again, hang on......

thinking

Yep, I was right. They're playing QPR tomorrow.......
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 22nd March 2010, 2:41 pm

Neither Dunno rofl
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 22nd March 2010, 2:46 pm

Because you love Derby & Everything to do with Derby! cheers And you love Football really....... The Top Four 581813
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 22nd March 2010, 3:13 pm

I Know these things........ Suspect

Olly, well what do expect from a team known as the Rams? rofl
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 23rd March 2010, 10:00 am

yellowteddybear wrote:..............how he's made such an arse of this season after theway we finished the last one is beyond me.........

One name........ Xabi Alonso...... That one player was like the glue which held the team together. The oil which kept the engine running smoothly. To sell him without replacing him was utter madness!

Also he needs to play Benayoun a hell of a lot more and he needs a decent second striker to partner Torres. Stevie G has carried that team for too long & needs to be dropped to a more central Midfield Role or a holding midfield role. He can't do the attacking midfield bit any more but could be devastating arriving from deeper & would make a good midfield general........

It's sad to see, but something needs to be done because I don't think Fernando will want to stick around if he's not getting Champions League football & Stevie is starting to look like a man who regrets not grabbing that move to Chelski a few seasons ago.........

Rafa Needs to go..... Keep him until the end of the season, but he must be on his way in the summer
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 23rd March 2010, 11:52 am

Aquilani is an attack minded player, whereas Alonso was more defensive minded which allowed the team to take more risks. You can't replace a defensive player with an attacking player, it simply makes no sense. I thought that he was getting ready to drop Gerrard back into Midfield & use a old fashioned Centre Forward to play in the hole behind Torres who would be the lone striker. The formation I was thinking he would go with is 4-1-3-1-1. That's what Liverpool are suited to. Four defenders, 1 holding midfielder, 3 in the middle, 1 in the hole & Torres going mad up front. This is how I would plan it with what they have at the minute:

GoalKeep & Defence is obvious really, but did you know that Carragher is an Everton fan? Shocked Used to have an Everton tattoo which is why he always wore long sleeves.... Apparently......

Anyway, Mascherano in the holding role, Gerrard, Lucas, Benyaoun as your centre 3, Kuyt in the hole, Nando up front. Sub Aquliani for Kuyt midway through the second half. And if it's a big game, do a United and play 5 in the middle. Lovely Jubbly!

But I still say they require a new forward man. Kuyt & Babel don't have the quality & get a midfielder to put some pressure on Gerrard. At the moment is certain to start every game as long as he's fit, regardless of form. You'll never get the best out of him that way.

You know what? I'm gonna make a Football rant thread so that we can discuss this further Very Happy
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 6th May 2010, 9:24 am

Manchester United
Chelsea
Arsenal
Tottenham

Ladies & Gents, we have our top four cheers
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 6th May 2010, 11:02 am

Oh, did I do that in the wrong order Embarassed Let me try again:

Manchester United
Chelsea
Tottenham
Arsenal

I've seen the future too! It looks a bit like this:
It's derby day! cheers Tranmere Rovers vs Liverpool in the Championship rofl rofl rofl
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 6th May 2010, 2:47 pm

Dance There
Wherever you may be!
We are the famous CFC
And we don't give a F*ck!
Whoever you may be