Frog N Bones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bioshock 2

2 posters

Go down

Bioshock 2 Empty Bioshock 2

Post by Bones 6th January 2011, 10:05 am

Bioshock 2 Bioshock_2_logo

Release Date: Feb 2010 (Yes, I do mean 2010) Laughing
Genre: First-Person Shooter
Publisher: 2K Games
Developer: 2K Marin
Current Price Range: £7 - £18 (New)
Platform(s): PS3, X-Box360, PC

Well, as I've gone & finished the last game I was playing (Fallout: New Vegas) I've decided that before I start it again on Hardcore (Yeah baby. I'm bad MJ ) I'll crack this little baby open & see what it has to offer. I received it from Santa for Christmas as a stocking filler & so far Santa has been pretty good at choosing games for me (Fallout 3 was the last new-to-me title Santa introduced me to) so I have high-ish hopes for this.

I didn't play the first offering, but did steal more than a few glances at this one. I decided against getting it as I was heavily involved in other titles & projects at the time, but Santa must've been watching me quite closely. I've also heard of a 3rd instalment (Bioshock: Infinite) due for release at some point next year (2012), so this could be the start of a beautiful relationship with "2K Games".

I'll be updating this thread as I progress through the game, though I'll try not to post any spoilers for those of you who may decide to invest in this title. Considering you can now pick it up for under £20 (Brand New Shocked )

Has anyone played this title (Bioshock 2) or even its predecessor (Bioshock) & if so what did you think?
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Bioshock 2 Empty Re: Bioshock 2

Post by Frog 7th January 2011, 5:37 pm

I had the previous bioshock but as it was part of a bundle I got with the Xbox and had around 10 other games I didn't give it much time. I do remember getting quite into it for a few nights before something distracted me scratch
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

https://frognbones.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 22nd July 2011, 2:59 pm

Forgot to give an update on this!

Stopped playing after 2 nights. Mad Santa's got a mark against his name now. This was a very very very poor game to play after being so involved in the Fallout series. Maybe if I'd have played this first I might've liked it Dunno either way, what's done is done & I have a new mini table Stoned

Bad Points
clunky controls - Seriously Clunky I should say. Seemed to take an age to do what I wanted & I don't think it's possible to move with the speed of your enemies.... On the later levels this is understandable, but on the opening levels this just discourages you from playing the game.

Minimal freedom - I guess this is a bit of a gripe due to my love of the fallout games. Fair enough, not all FPS/RPG titles are going to have that total freedom, but a little bit of freedom would've been nice. You're forced to basically follow events unfolding. Talk about going old school!

Setting is far too dark - I don't mind a moody setting when it's called for & fair enough, it's called for here, but I think they went a little too far with it. It eventually got on my nerves so much I did the impossibly unthinkable..... I turned up the TV brightness..... But that just makes the game feel....... well a bit crap Rolling Eyes

Music - I'm not even gonna get into this one. I'll just say "Poor".......

Good Points

scratch ................ Errrrr.............. thinking ..................... Hmmmmm........ scratch ........ Dunno Honestly can't think of any...... Dunno

All joking aside, the idea was good. The execution, not so good. But oh well. You live & learn.

Nightryder rating = NR (1 Skull)

Probably the worst game I've ever had the displeasure of playing LP
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: