Pakistan Kidnapping

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pakistan Kidnapping

Post by Frog on 11th March 2010, 10:21 am

I was just watching TV and a news report was saying that Sahil Saeed (the 5 year old boy who was kidnapped last week) has been released. I then logged onto the BBC website and saw that this is not the case:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8561423.stm

How can the media have got it so wrong Shocked I really feel for this family, the torment they are going through must be hard enough without this kind of irresponsible reporting toying with their emotions.

Froggy Style
Froggy Style

http://frognbones.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Pakistan Kidnapping

Post by Guest on 11th March 2010, 10:46 am

I saw this being covered on the news thismorning.........

I think it's like the higher commisioner bit that said he was found and them the head of the police department is saying that it's not the case.

There is also the situation where there are reports that the father came back to England a couple of days ago but again no one has been able to confirm this......

I don't know but something just doesn't sound quite right..........

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 11th March 2010, 11:21 am

Think this is a case of crossed wires somewhere. The Media were quick to pounce on it, but maybe they were a bit too quick. I think in situations like these the media should wait to have information confirmed before reporting on it.

On another note, the report says that Pakistani communities in Oldham are considering setting up a "Ransom Fund" to pay ransoms of people who are kidnapped Shocked Sounds a but daft to me scratch

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11th March 2010, 12:29 pm

I thought when the story first broke it was crap (excuse my bluntness) and just a money maker, but then I am a bugger for conspiracys and seeing the worst in people - I hope the little tyke is ok

as for paying the ransom thats crackers and will just encourage them to do stuff like this more often to make a quick buck

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog on 11th March 2010, 4:39 pm

I bet you wouldn't feel that way if this was your 5 year old son we were talking about.

Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12th March 2010, 11:20 am

Ibet i wouldnt but it was the appeal that made me think EH? they were pretty much asking for a collection before they even mentioned what had happened to the son - priorities all to cock

I hope he comes home safe and well - i wouldnt wish genuine kidnap on anyone it must be horrowing - i panic if i havent seen the dog for 5 minutes so were it my child i'd be a wreck

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog on 12th March 2010, 4:49 pm

You are right, we shouldn't b falling over ourselves to reward these criminals for their actions but it must be so hard to see it like that if it was your own child in question.

Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog on 16th March 2010, 9:13 am

He's been found safe and sound:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8569501.stm

Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 16th March 2010, 9:26 am

Well that's a relief. At least they're sure this time. The family must be very relieved & I'm sure there'll be lots of tears when they see him again.

I couldn't even begin to imagine what state I'd be in if it were my child

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 17th March 2010, 1:11 pm

Now it's being said that the ransom was paid Shocked

Would you have paid the ransom had it been your child?

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17th March 2010, 1:29 pm

probably if it were my child but then the hypocrite within says well dont give in to their demands because now they have won and see an easy way to make money and will do it again having gotten away with it this time - the police allways say not to pay but its easy to say when its not your baby at risk - whose to say once you've paid the ransom they are going to hand the child back?? you might be better off letting the experts handle it and get your child back - once you've paid that ransom you've got nothing left to bargain with

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 17th March 2010, 1:41 pm

I can honestly put my hand on my heart & say that I wouldn't pay the ransom........ But then that's because I'm not currently a parent........ But I don't think I would even if I was a parent...... Obviously nothing would ever be more important to me than my children but I'm a stubborn thing and wouldn't feel comfortable paying a ransom.......

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17th March 2010, 2:16 pm

same here - not yet a parent although 6 months preggers and changing my views on some things - I'm stubborn and would like to think that my beleif in the experts would win and i wouldnt crumble and pay up but all I actually know about kidnappings is from films and dramatisations (thank god) so I just dont know....

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 17th March 2010, 2:38 pm

Well congratulations cheers

I only know anything about kidnappings from films as well.......... Well, apart from "that" night for a mates Birthday.... Laughing And the upcoming Stag do for another mate Laughing

But, all joking aside, I just think that paying the ransom opens a big can of worms which really should've stayed closed.......... I can only hope & pray I never have to make such a decision for real.......

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top