Frog N Bones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Excuse.....

2 posters

Go down

No Excuse..... Empty No Excuse.....

Post by Bones 18th January 2010, 12:23 pm

A RADICAL £800,000 campaign has been unveiled by road, fire, police and council chiefs today to cut the level of carnage on Dorset’s roads by 30 per cent in a year.

The No Excuse campaign, to be launched on January 15, will see police officers taking to the roads in what Dorset Police describe as a ‘zero tolerance’ blitz on bad driving.

Officers will work 250 two-hour shifts at different locations across the county and will issue on-the-spot fines to people who are failing to concentrate on the road.

Motorists who drive using mobile phones, without seatbelts, at inappropriate speeds or who are distracted by an in-car entertainment system will be pulled over.

They will be asked to attend courses at a Road Safety Centre of Excellence which will be built in Poole as part of the project.

(* Source: http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/localnews/4749967.New___800_000_scheme_to_cut_county_s_road_carnage/ )

What do you think? Will this work or is it just another way to harass & tax drivers? thinking
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

No Excuse..... Empty Re: No Excuse.....

Post by Bones 19th January 2010, 4:38 pm

Tytonidae wrote:There is a bit of arrogance to some drivers. Hand held mobile use ought to be a no no by now but you still see it and seatbelt wearing is the law and should be obeyed Wink (I forget Rolling Eyes ) - I feel that a few miles over the limit bears no comparison to lots of other dangerous and distracing practices and in a way it will be good to see motorists pulled over and fined for various other bad habits; I'd include tail gaiting, not giving way, inappropriate overtaking, dodgy lane swapping and a raft of other dangerous behaviours.

"Will it work?" - Long term, no

Wink Laughing

I totally agree that there are many other bad habits that drivers should be pulled up on.

Just out of interest, why don't you think it'll work long term?
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by jezebel 19th January 2010, 8:10 pm

Well I know someone in Poole who's already been done for crimes alike to these!!!!

Yeah....crack down.....for sure....all those distractions can cause accidents!!....what excuse is there for that!!.....but!!....for it to work long term it would have to be ...everywhere...not just Dorset....and all the time...which is financialy impossible!!........

And are they all traffic cops they're using for this blitz??....or beat cops??
jezebel
jezebel
Queen of Flirt......

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 22nd March 2010, 10:52 am

Yet nothing has been done about this yet..... Shocked Shocked

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/8574609.stm?ls
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented