Frog N Bones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relegation From the Premiership

2 posters

Go down

Relegation From the Premiership Empty Teams Heading South?

Post by Bones 21st December 2009, 5:43 pm

Traditionally the bottom team in the Prem at Christmas is relegated come the end of the season. Only a couple of times in recent history has there been exceptions to the rule. This season has been great so far in the prem & there are only 5 points seperating Portsmouth at the bottom (20th) and Wolverhampton in 11th.

Who would your money be on to beat the drop & who do you think will be going down south?

My bets to go down looks something like this:

Burnley - Great home record, but I don't think that will cut it this seeason. Unless their away record takes a sharp U-turn I think they'll be going down

Hull City - Started well, but I'm unsure if they can keep pace in the Prem. Maybe the new "yo-yo" team.

Wigan - While they play well I think the teams below them will prove to be slightly better come the end of the season.

That's my bet at the moment. I think the clubs currently in the drop zone will survive for the following reasons:

Portsmouth - Why Chelsea let this guy go I'm unsure, but Avram Grant seems to be a good manager. Fair enough, he's only been in charge for 5 minutes, but this is a guyu who done what no oter manager before him could manage. Taking Chelsea to a Champions League final is no easy feat.

West Ham - I really like Zola. A total legend of a foreign import as a player. I think West Ham have the squad to survive & I believe that they will play their heaarts out for Zola. They just need to hang onto their players.

Bolton - Not so sure on Bolton this season. They haven't been great, but I think they'll be able to get out of trouble. They have a good manager, some decent players & good prem experience. I think they'll just edge it, but it'll be close.

So what's your thoughts?
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Relegation From the Premiership Empty Re: Relegation From the Premiership

Post by Bones 22nd December 2009, 8:31 am

Embarassed Sorry, My bad..... Embarassed
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 22nd December 2009, 8:35 pm

Who do you think will be coming up from the Championship to replace the relegated?
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 23rd December 2009, 1:15 am

Acrington Stanley Dunno
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style