Frog N Bones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oblivion - The Elder Scrolls

+2
El_Guapo
Frog
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Oblivion - The Elder Scrolls - Page 3 Empty Re: Oblivion - The Elder Scrolls

Post by Frog 19th September 2010, 10:34 am

I'm going through the Knights of the Nine expansion pack now, very fun and lots of new things to kill Twisted Evil
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

https://frognbones.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 31st July 2016, 8:10 pm

So how did you get on with this gaming classic Dr Bones? Suspect one of those games that everyone should play wouldn't you say? Suspect
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 31st July 2016, 10:16 pm

Embarassed Embarassed Dude... Thought we were gonna skip over this until a little later in the year.....

To be honest, I had a pop at "Skyrim" but didn't really give it much of my time. Not really sure what took over at the time, but from the little of it that I played it was okay. However, I don't think it's fair to judge a game until you've given it at least a few hours of your time. Might not do Oblivion, but I'll certainly give Skyrim another go by the end of the year.
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 31st July 2016, 10:31 pm

Quite honestly if you are only going to do one of them I would go with Oblivion. The graphics aren't as good but the gameplay rivals Fallout 3 easily.

You know how I feel about Fallout 3 so you know I dont say that lightly
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 31st July 2016, 10:34 pm

Obilvion it is then cheers Lily
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 31st July 2016, 10:40 pm

I can honestly say that you will not regret it. I know the game and I know what kind of a gamer you are, it is a perfect match LP
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 8th August 2016, 4:54 pm

So......... During Sunday's recovery from Saturday's shenanigans I suddenly found myself wanting a break from the Commonwealth wasteland. I though I'd check in with my galactic empire so on went Galactic Civilization 2. I found that I had clearly just started a new game & quickly began making plans for galactic conquest. After colonizing a few more planets, tweaking my defensive set up in preparation for the inevitable attack from the Terran Alliance & the Drath Legion, and designing my new heavyweight warp drive powered flagship, I decided to try something else. But what?? i know! Why not give Oblivion a run out!? Check Steam library...... No Oblivion..... Check PC Hard Drive..... No Oblivion..... Check External Back-up Hard Drive..... No Oblivion.... Remember that had Oblivion on disk..... Check all PC game disks. Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Morrowind, Command & Conquer (about 7 of them!), Street Fighter, Theme Hospital (I kid you not!)....... No oblivion..... Check all DVD's, CD's and games in the house...... no Oblivion...... Wonder how much this is gonna cost me... Log back into Steam........ Go to store page...... Steam Special's you say? Go on...... Sale on all Bethesda titles you say? Continue...... Oblivion GOTY Edition you say? Hmmmm...... £7.79 you say? Take my money, I say! Now, whilst I await the download think I'll go destroy some rebel scum!
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 9th August 2016, 10:25 pm

I'm proud of you Lily That shows dedication and perseverance in the face of crippling adversity LP
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocean-Lilly 12th August 2016, 9:42 am

Bones wrote:So......... During Sunday's recovery from Saturday's shenanigans I suddenly found myself wanting a break from the Commonwealth wasteland.  I though I'd check in with my galactic empire so on went Galactic Civilization 2.  I found that I had clearly just started a new game & quickly began making plans for galactic conquest.  After colonizing a few more planets, tweaking my defensive set up in preparation for the inevitable attack from the Terran Alliance & the Drath Legion, and designing my new heavyweight warp drive powered flagship, I decided to try something else.  But what??  i know!  Why not give Oblivion a run out!?  Check Steam library...... No Oblivion..... Check PC Hard Drive..... No Oblivion..... Check External Back-up Hard Drive..... No Oblivion.... Remember that had Oblivion on disk..... Check all PC game disks.  Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Morrowind, Command & Conquer (about 7 of them!), Street Fighter, Theme Hospital (I kid you not!)....... No oblivion..... Check all DVD's, CD's and games in the house...... no Oblivion...... Wonder how much this is gonna cost me... Log back into Steam........ Go to store page...... Steam Special's you say? Go on...... Sale on all Bethesda titles you say? Continue...... Oblivion GOTY Edition you say? Hmmmm...... £7.79 you say?  Take my money, I say!  Now, whilst I await the download think I'll go destroy some rebel scum!

Shocked

Lily

Twisted Evil
Ocean-Lilly
Ocean-Lilly
Baby Spawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 12th August 2016, 7:08 pm

Well?? Did you play it?? You must continue the story, I can't take the suspense!! Numpty
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 13th August 2016, 3:06 pm

Oblivion....... Part Deux....

Monday: Rebel scum crushed! cheers The war was won by my squad mere hours after it began.  A resounding 40-22 victory, though we had to wait a day for confirmation.  On to Oblivion!!! Yahoo Check steam..... Oblivion download not started.... Wait, What!!!?? scratch  Why not??!!   scratch Ah, I also purchased "Rage", another Bethesda game. This is downloading first..... But this has not started yet either?? scratch  Ah.... Dota 2 is updating.... Okay... We can wait.... Oblivion - The Elder Scrolls - Page 3 821117  "The missus" has been cooking up a storm! Oblivion - The Elder Scrolls - Page 3 860437 Get sidetracked by cake and "other activities"....  It's 11pm before I think about Oblivion again.  Let it be for tonight.... Sleep

Tuesday: Trudged home from the office excited to see if I could start Oblivion.   Yahoo Walk in the door to see "the missus" engrosed in the new fallout 4 character she's created. Oblivion - The Elder Scrolls - Page 3 821117  She's been on it for about 45 minutes.  I ask what she wants for dinner.  The answer..??  Take out. Maybe a burger or chinese... Rolling Eyes and I know she's in for the long haul. Curse under my breath that I haven't replaced the broken PC (Already tried repairing it) Abandon Oblivion plans for the evening & Turn on the PS3.....

Wednesday:  At the office for 7am.  Over 500 people to sort out and somehow get roped into being I.T Tech support as well. computer Home at 7pm. 2 hour phone call with friend in a pickle  Dinner and bed. Oblivion - The Elder Scrolls - Page 3 859905  I can't give a new game the attention it deserves tonight....

Thursday: Home early from work.  Not feeling 100% Vomit but can certainly enjoy a little Gaming.  Walk in at 15:30pm.  Missus is home early too..... on Fallout 4 again.... Sad She tells me there is a Black forest Gateau in the fridge that she made..... cheers It's soaked in alcohol.... drunken Start looking up new 2nd PC with more ugency......

Friday: It's a lovely day out! sunny Home from work by 5pm. Consider moving into garden with laptop. Missus working until at least 8pm.  Decide against moving into the garden. I want the big screen.  Start laptop.  Log into steam...... Oblivion 97% downloaded...... Huh??!!   Arrrgg How come??  Steam update..... Steam restarts.....  Missus home early.... Comments on day.... asks about Oblivion..... Has a great idea for dinner... Goes to make dinner.... Oblivion - The Elder Scrolls - Page 3 860437 Oblivion 100% downloaded!! cheers Ready to Install..... cheers Grrr..... Mad Install takes mere minutes.... Yay!!! cheers ..... Ready to play..... Yahoo Dectecting PC settings..... PC settings not recognised.... Huh?? scratch .... Graphics deafult to medium.....  manually adjust graphics settings.... Successfully set to ultra settings....... Change mind.... Manually set graphics to high..... computer  Start game.....Watch opening sequence..... Use controller to start new game.... non responsive..... Use mouse to start new game.  Game started.....  Find other controller.... use mouse and keyboard to go through character options.... Dinner ready... Eat dinner whilst going through options..... Mini argument with the missus about dinner..... Comes down to Drunmer and Argonian....... Argument with missus concludes.....  Decide on Argonian race.... Fiddle with options to get a black red purple type complexion going....... Ready to start game proper!  Game starts.... Am in Prison.... Move forwad but can't look left or right...... Change controller..... Same problem.... Mouse looks left & right...... Controller does everything else...... This is awkward..... Get trough first part.... Kill some people & rats..... Save game.... Try to figure out what's going on with controller..... study computer scratch Make up with missus...... perv perv Bed.... Sleep

To be continued.......
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 13th August 2016, 3:45 pm

Best update ever cheers
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 13th August 2016, 3:46 pm

Saturday:  A quick look around steam confims my  suspicions.  No native controller support....   Sad  Sad Been a while since I played an FPS/RPG with mouse and keyboard......   computer This could be a deal breaker..... Let's see what the mod community can do for me..... study

To be continued......
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 13th August 2016, 6:36 pm

This is just part of your quest, a trial for you to overcome as you battle your way through PC access rights with the princess, temptation in the form of groggy gateaux :drunk2: and compatibility issues Arrrgg

This is the part of your quest that tests you the most, the part that makes you want to turn around and go home, this is the part that separates heroes from wannabes.

Who are you Dr Bones?? Who is beneath that skeleton??  NR  Is he a hero?  En Garde

I believe he is LP

Zoom
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocean-Lilly 13th August 2016, 10:34 pm

Frog wrote:This is just part of your quest, a trial for you to overcome as you battle your way through PC access rights with the princess, temptation in the form of groggy gateaux :drunk2: and compatibility issues Arrrgg

This is the part of your quest that tests you the most, the part that makes you want to turn around and go home, this is the part that separates heroes from wannabes.

Who are you Dr Bones?? Who is beneath that skeleton??  NR  Is he a hero?  En Garde

I believe he is LP

Zoom

A skeleton that cooks Yahoo
Ocean-Lilly
Ocean-Lilly
Baby Spawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 25th March 2020, 6:37 pm

Oblivion is 14 years old and still a masterpiece, although I am looking forward to Elder Scrolls 6. ESO doesn't quite hit the same spot the Skyrim and Oblivion did
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 28th March 2020, 4:46 pm

Still have yet to finish either of these...... Maybe I should dust off Skyrim....

Have you played Outer Wordls yet?
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 30th March 2020, 1:37 pm

I really liked Outer Worlds but it was a bit short and lacked a lot of the depth of either of the Bethesda monsters. You could really feel that Fallout New Vegas vibe in it though
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum: