Frog N Bones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Davina - A Comedy Roast

2 posters

Go down

Davina - A Comedy Roast Empty Davina - A Comedy Roast

Post by Frog 18th October 2010, 10:33 am

Anyone see this the other night? Really made me laugh, especially the little video of big brother contestants being lead into an abandoned factory and shot Laughing

Here's the thing though, Davina did big brother, a small selection of terrible shows before that and a failed attempt at her own chat show during her reign as big brother presenter. Don't get me wrong I like Davina but why do I like her? How come her chat show didn't work if she's such a loved personality?
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

https://frognbones.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Davina - A Comedy Roast Empty Re: Davina - A Comedy Roast

Post by El_Guapo 18th October 2010, 5:20 pm

Good question. I feel the same way about Ian Wright. I like him as a personality but I've hated the chat shows he's hosted.

I think some people just have that likeability factor but aren't necessarily good chat show hosts.

I think to be a good chat show host you need not so much a likeable personality but maybe more of a non-conformist personality?

In other words, you need to be somebody that doesn't care about being liked and is only interested in getting the answers to the questions we all have?

Eg Jeremy Paxman. Quite possibly the greatest political interviewer of all time but do viewers "like" him?

El_Guapo
El_Guapo
Baby Spawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 18th October 2010, 6:16 pm

Well here's one review that might answer the question Shocked

"It is nice to know why the BBC is always claiming to need extra licence fee money - it is to pay presenters wages for dross like this which did not even do very well in the ratings. The poor ratings are hardly a mystery - just look at the guests - Jordan, Vernon and Tess Kay, Patrick Kielty, Jade Goody, need I go on? It is no wonder the chat is so poor when you have such non-achievers on the programme. Even the dreadful Johnathon Ross and the increasingly lightweight Parkison can get Hollywood A-listers week-in, week-out. Perhaps if she had been given another series this might have been improved but I think not. Maybe she didn't see the problem as much as most chat hosts, as being the presenter of Big Brother she must be used to making non-entities appear more exciting than they genuinely are.

Davina McCall is desperately hyperactive as usual, but does not really gel with the guests, or make you feel their answers are anything but rehearsed. Why the BBC felt the need to pay her a fortune to come over from Channel 4 I don't know. Her previous show for the BBC was pulled from the schedules after only a few weeks. There was very little real humour in the chat except that they seemed to find themselves hilarious. Anybody who had seen her attempt at a sitcom should have been prepared for this.

I would not have expected highly charged political debate, but this was ridiculous, asking taxing questions like the colour scheme for a guest's kitchen. This is really only for people who treat dull celebrity gossip as must-have information.

Glad to see that for once the BBC had the guts to admit to its mistake and saved us from another series. Now all they need to do is accept that Johnathon Ross isn't funny and they can save £6 million a year which will keep many harder working BBC staff in employment without raising the licence fee too much."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0497854/
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

https://frognbones.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: