Frog N Bones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout: New Vegas

5 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 Empty Re: Fallout: New Vegas

Post by Bones 5th January 2011, 11:45 am

Yeah, I happen to know that anywhere you'll find NCR Heavy Troopers you'll also find a Shit storm of troopers ready & able to Hunt you down Shocked Think I'll go find a few too...... Just for kicks Laughing
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 5th January 2011, 11:48 am

When you put it like that it'd be rude not :cunning:

Hey do you know what the quest about ED is? I just have a quest saying that he contains encrypted info but no indication as to how I get it scratch
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

https://frognbones.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 5th January 2011, 11:57 am

Ah, Ed-E's quest involves either the Brotherhood or the Followers. At some point you'll end up speaking with people & Ed-E will play certain bits of information. I can't remember the exact locations, but I'm pretty sure one of them was Camp McCarran. Once you've done this you'll be asked to have a look for a Brotherhood Paladin. If you've done all the brotherhood missions then you should've already found him dead. He was one of the special assignments I think. Anyway, he'll have a mission holodisk with him. Once you've found him you'll need to head to Scribe Lorenzo (I think scratch) He can be found on level 2 of the bunker, through the data place & then left. He'll ask to look at Ed-E and will agree to upgrade Ed-E's armour if you let him have a look.

On the other hand, you could take him to the Followers. Again, I can't remember the exact location, I think it's their hideout near Vegas...... I'm pretty sure of it actually, but I can't remember the name of the place scratch anyway, if you decide to let the Followers have a look she'll offer to upgrade ED-E's weapons (I took this option). You can only do one or the other, not both, but if you find a way to do both then let me know please Very Happy
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 5th January 2011, 1:33 pm

I'll have to look into it, I'll let you know if I get a different result Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 144416
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 5th January 2011, 1:55 pm

Super!

Oh, would you happen to know how to get into the Gun Runners HQ?
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 5th January 2011, 2:21 pm

Never heard of them Dunno Not thinking of the boomers are you?
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 5th January 2011, 2:35 pm

Nah, met the Boomers already. Cool people actually. Well, once you manage to get past the the shelling & into their compound they are Laughing

Shocked Not sure how you've played the game without visiting the Gun Runners HQ. They sell weapons you can't get anywhere else. One rifle in particular makes pretty quick work of Deathclaws........ I've only known the Gun Runners to sell it....
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 5th January 2011, 2:50 pm

I think I have a note about them and they're marked on my map but I've not made it over there yet Dunno
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 5th January 2011, 2:55 pm

Well, when you do head over there try to have about 7k spare Wink

Oh, and I went to REPCONN HQ. Thanks for the Tip. I kinda like that Q35 LP
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 5th January 2011, 3:05 pm

There's also a glitch but I only found out after the mission, when you get the power station back online you have the choice to re-distribute power wherever you want. If you choose to overload the grid when you and see the guy downstairs he gives you stimpacks, weapon repair kit, cash and XP. Then go back upstairs and do it again to collect the prize again, you can do this for an infinite number of times!! Shocked
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 5th January 2011, 3:28 pm

Shocked Trip back there is on the cards for tonight me thinks!
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 6th January 2011, 8:36 am

Embarassed Whooopsie!! Looks like I'm gonna have to start this game again as I finished it last night Rolling Eyes So you know, this game does end at the..... errrrmmmm...... end Dunno
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 7th January 2011, 5:36 pm

Shocked It does what?? You mean credits roll and please return your controller to charge end? That is messed up man!
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 7th January 2011, 5:45 pm

Yep. Credits roll, stories told, Thanks for playing & goodnight Sad
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 10th January 2011, 9:31 am

Lame, that kind of puts me off playing to the end. I like to think of Fallout as open ended Sad
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 10th January 2011, 10:03 am

Yeah, it's sent me back to playing Fallout 3! Though I'm hopeful that at least one of the DLC's would "fix" the problem. How else would they get people to by em Dunno
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 10th January 2011, 12:22 pm

They must do, like broken steel did for the last one. Although the "Dead Money" is an Xbox exclusive isn't it? Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 581813 Currently no plans to release on PS3 Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 581813 Hang in there mate and get yourself the GOTY edition when it comes out. I'll let you know what the DLC is like in the meantime LP
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 10th January 2011, 12:36 pm

All the DLC's for Fallout 3 & Fallout: New Vegas are usually PC & X-Box exclusive for about 6 months. PS3 has a different engine so some tweaking is usually required. Anyway, gives me an excuse to come back to it later. Dunno

Saying that, I've been offered a copy on PC as a mate of mine has developed a few "mods" for it. The kind of Mods which are unavailable on console...... Period....... Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 581813

So I'll hang in there with those me thinks LP
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 10th January 2011, 12:41 pm

Damn you Swear

Tell me about the mods :cunning:
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 10th January 2011, 12:54 pm

The mods are simply that. Modifications to the game. On PC just about every aspect of the game can be modified to your liking. Change Nuka Cola to Iron Bru, Make the women Naked, Make simple Dusters the strongest clothing in the game or create new clothing if you so wish.... Change what you like, as you like it.

This place will show you more: http://www.newvegasnexus.com

There's also one for Fallout 3. If you check the Top 100, my mate is currently number 2. DJMystro
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 10th January 2011, 12:59 pm

Here are the mods for my mate:

"A World Of Pain" {Preview] by David LeMaistre aka Dj Mystro

LAST UPDATED 03/01/11
It just got serious...

Two new huge locations added, Nipton Sewer and an Underground Weapon Research Facility.
New areas link up - go from Ivanpah to Nipton and back, all underground without re-treading the same ground! [Just a taste of things to come].
Two main areas modified and extended to accomodate new layout; the Abandoned Military Facility (now Underground Facility Barracks) and The Pit Stop Bomb Shelter.
IMPORTANT: Becuase of these changes it is recommened you load a save from before you entered either of these areas.
Update Warning: If you Continue an existing game and have already explored these areas this may result in crashes. I don't know why coz it didn't happen to me but Iv'e seen these sorts of crashes before and they are usually caused by discrepecnies between saves. If you don't want to lose any progress make a clean save before updating or leave downloading until you are finished with your current game.

Also changed:
Toxic Caves entrance bug fixed.
Some new stuff in the player house.

Description:
Adds 38 intense locations to the wasteland filled with enemies and loot. They vary from small Gas Stations to huge maze-like sewers and derelict factories. Adds several hours of new gameplay possibilities. Also adds many modified weapons, armors and items to the game with enhanced stats to help and hinder you throughout.
Everything has been done using vanilla content at this stage so the filsesize should still be tiny. This is just a taste of things to come released for feedback purposes. That said everything is complete and navmeshed and there should be no gaps or unfinished interiors.
No quests or notes as of yet but there is a big quest on the plans. At the moment it's just a fight and loot mod but that?s the most fun part anyway right?

The following locations have been added:
2x Cottonwood Overlook Shack.
Abandoned Gas Station
Abandoned Goodsprings Shacks
Ant Caves
Bonnie Springs Sewer
Canyon Station
Clark Field Reservoir
Devil's Gullet Cave
Drainage Chamber
Emergency Railyard Station
Fiend House
Firetooth Caverns
Frankie?s Guns & Ammo
Goodsprings Player Home
Goodsprings Sewer
Infested NCR Bunker
Ivanpah Maintenance Tunnels
Jean Sky Diving Bomb Shelter
Junction 15 Station
Nipton Road Gas Station
Nipton Sewer
Pit Stop Bomb Shelter
Primm Sewer
Quarry Junction Break Room
Radiological Research Facility
Searchlight Bomb Shelter
Searchlight Sewer
Spring Mount Underground Station
Spring Mount Visitors Centre
Summer Springs Boarding House
Sunnytime Cigarettes HQ
Toxic Caves
Underground Facility Barracks
Underground Weapon Research Facility
Vault 40
Vault 41
Viper's Lair

Requirements:
None apart from one change to the Fallout.ini file in order to display the NPCs faces correctly.
Open the file ?Fallout.ini? which should be found in My Documents/My Games/FalloutNV
Search for the line
bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=0
and change it to
bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1
Without this all NPCs faces appear in default skin colour. Apart from this there are no requirements and the mod should run anyway.
NOTE: This may be fixed after the latest patch but I'll have to get back to you on that.
Also - if you do get by without modifing the ini file with no visible problems I would very much appreciate some feedback on the issue (including version details). Cheers.

Still to come:
Many more locations still to come, especially in the north and northeast of the wasteland which is yet to be altered.
Notes and terminals explaining the history of many locations (especially vaults 40 & 41).
New weapons (select firearms and armors, most likely from other peoples MODs)
Main quest involving retrieving lost and stolen holodiscs for a ghoul musician featuring original music made by myself with the aim creating a new radio station. The ghoul, Roach, will have adapted the advanced computer technology around him to create a new genre of music, known as 'Freetech'. A sound known to have scared away giant radscorpions when played loud enough.
Over the years Roach has even built up a large fanbase, some of whom will dwell in an underground city and live in peace. Others, known as 'Tech Raiders', are devoted to acquiring technology at any price and have adopted 'Freetech' as their official sound. Roach will assign you the task of re-acquiring many lost holodiscs scattered throughout the wasteland with unique rewards.
About half of the current interiors have relied heavily upon changing existing areas around (mostly as a time saving device) however, as I have grown accustomed to the interior kits expect to be confronted with much less familiar territory.

Bugs:
Possible bug when reseting this MOD with 4D storage active. Only reported once and I've never seen it myself but if you find you get stuck with too much carryweight (and no active storage) use this console command to deduct the relevant amount from your carryweight:
player.forceav carryweight -325
or whatever the extra total carryweight is (250/75 etc..).

Conflicts:
Changes to the exterior wasteland have been kept to an absolute minimum, mostly to avoid conflicts but also to avoid heavily changing the exterior navmesh which can be very awkward at times. As a result conflicts should be minimal. Goodsprings has been changed slightly so anything that alters certain Goodsprings interiors will conflict. The same with certain Stations, shacks etc... I don't think it will crash any games if you play with both mods running but you will only end up in the overriding mods interior.

Installation:
Drag ?AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm? to the Fallout NV data folder. Select from the data menu on startup or use FOMM in the same manner. Launch game & enjoy.

UPDATE HISTORY:
Two new huge locations added, Nipton Sewer and an Underground Weapon Research Facility.
New areas link up - go from Ivanpah to Nipton and back, all underground without re-treading the same ground!
Two main areas modified and extended to accomodate new layout; the Abandoned Military Facility (now Underground Facility Barracks) and The Pit Stop Bomb Shelter.
Toxic Caves entrance bug fixed.
Some new stuff in the player house.
1 new dungeon location added - Firetooth Caverns.
Goodsprings basement converted to a tech-savvy player home.
Solved problem with reappearing objects in the wasteland.
Exits to several areas fixed and polished up including: Emergency Railyard Station, Toxic Caves & Devils Gullet Cave.
Sunnytime Cigarettes outer navmesh restord to original settings so Sunny does not get stuck anymore.
A few pre-modified weapon stats altered & some minor loot and aestetic changes.
Ant Caves entrance moved & fixed.
Now fully compatable and conflict-free with NV Interiors.
Summer Springs Boarding House Entrance tweaked.
Gauss Rifle awesomeness lowered slightly.
Several minor aesthetic fixes.
Navmesh finalised so companions can enter and exit all areas without trouble.
Many barricaded doors fixed by adding frames and moving doors forward.
Several other small aesthetic bugs sorted.
Viper's Lair entrance moved slightly.

UPDATE PROGRESS:
Next update will be huge and will feature at least one quest so it may take a bit longer than previously speculated.
Here's a list of what needs to be done and what had been completed [Some Minor Spoilers]:

Underground Access West [Complete]
Underground Incomplete Sector [Complete]
The Abyss [Complete]
Hershey's Bar [Complete]
Worker's Barracks [Complete]
Unused Mini-Vault Home [Complete]
Adapt Emergency Railyard Station for compatability with 'The Armorer' [Complete]
Viper's Lair exit fix [Complete]
Bonnie Springs Sewer modifications [Complete]
Underground Reactor Sector B [Complete]
Power Station B [TBC]
2x Abandoned Underground Houses [TBC]
Infested NCR Bunker expansion [TBC]
Resurrect Frankie & fix up store [TBC]
Frankie's Quests (to get key to the Underground) [TBC]
'History Of The Underground' terminal entry [TBC]

FAQ:

Q: Is there a map?
A: Nope, just the location guide

Q: Can you reduce the loot?
A: There will be a reduced loot version released upon completion of the current version. This will have no modified weapons or armors and will have a reduction in general loot. It will not be made until the normal version is complete due to the fact that I cannot update that many files at the same time.
Also take into account that as far as i'm concerned this is my game now, not the relatively combat-light vanilla game. I will be making increasingly difficult areas (and loads of them) and in my opinion the vanilla weapons will probably not get you very far.
On top of this I could go on for hours about relative damage compared to real world weapons. Many Fallout weapons at their default vaules are just useless when they should be effing terrifying, namely Grenade Rifle/Launcher, Mini-Gun, Gauss Rifle, Anti-Material Rifle etc... I could go on but I wont. The M series have been designed to fire more like their real-life counterparts in most cases. In others they are just there as rewards for battling through areas which are much tougher than any in the normal game and as such should have special rewards.

Q: Do the ememies respawn?
A: Yes, most of them do, just not the boss or named characters.

Q: How many areas will you be making in total?
A: For the current version of AWOP I plan to be making about 60 locations. I plan to have these finished by the end of February so I can move onto the expanded version (and, by request, a reduced loot version).

Q: What will the expanded version be?
A: The expanded version will make use of various master files as well as including extra meshes/textures, weapons and armor from other mods. I will be removing the wasteland barriers and creating new lands in the free space. This will most likely double the playable size of the mod when completed.

Q: When will the quest be ready?
A: Probably not till right at the end of Feb. I'm not great at scripting quests in the GECK yet so i'm leaving it till last.

Q: What will the new music sound like?
A: An acquired taste to say the least. Roach (the hypothetical Ghoul composer) gathers sounds from around himself and uses the advanced computer technology around him to create loops, effects and generally morph sounds to fit the style he wants. He was a music producer before the war and is generally fed up with the state of the New Vegas radio stations. The styles he creates will range (in real world genre terms) from ambient electronica to breakbeat to speedcore techno with a leaning towards the harder styles.
These styles may sound unusual for a Fallout setting but Roach has been alive about 300 years so you would expect some progression/experimentation in sound. I also plan to make them fit in as much as I can (filters, clicks, pops and such). Despite this I expect most people will tune out and that's fair enough.

Q: Why a Cigarette Factory in Goodsprings?
A: Two reasons, firstly Vegas is a huge place and Goodsprings is within walking distance. I don?t think you would see many cigarette factories on the strip itself so a small local town seems ideal. It is close to a road and after 200+ years of environmental hazards I think it is fair to say that the small path that would have led to it has been covered up with sand and such. Add to this that I will be extending the factory in the expanded version of AWOP to reach previously inaccessible areas of the map (the front of the building is yet to be seen).
Secondly I wanted somewhere to level up a bit from shooting at stuff before heading off into the really tough areas. Goodsprings is now surrounded by new locations of this nature.

Q: Where is *that* key in Spring Mt Visitors Centre?
A: [Spoiler Warning] It?s in the neighbouring underground station. It?s on a dead guy who liked to climb. You?ll need to shoot a bit of him off to get it.

Q: I Still can't find that key.
A: [Spoiler Warning] You would be able to see him on the screenshot of the Underground Station if the resolution was much higher.

Q: That was a crap clue, seriously I have spent hours looking for this.
A: It's on a corpse - he could have been blown to pieces already by a stray missile. If you are really stuck and can't see the guy anywhere use 'tcl' in the console to get up on top of the station entrance to Bonnie Springs Sewer. That's where he should be.

Credits:
Myself - David LeMaistre
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 10th January 2011, 12:59 pm

Thud I want World Of Pain!! Why can't we have all that cool stuff on console Mad Hmph
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 10th January 2011, 1:01 pm

He worked on that for a while & he's very good at what he does.

Hope you enjoy your X-Box exclusive DLC's Lily NR NR
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog 10th January 2011, 1:06 pm

Bugger! How did the gloating blow up in my face so quickly Mad

He does sound pretty good at this stuff, liked that he's leaving the script till last though. I reckon that's about the only bit that I could do Laughing
Frog
Frog
Froggy Style
Froggy Style

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones 10th January 2011, 1:19 pm

Ah, well that's because I've known about the X-box exclusivity for a little while now. Been waiting for someone to start gloating about it so that I could reveal the Ace up my sleeve. I lvoe it when a plan comes together LP

He started modding on Fallout 3 and spent more time modding the game than he did actually playing it. I keep telling him that he needs to go into software development proper but he's got dreams of being a DJ Rolling Eyes
Bones
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next