Smoking ban good but not good enough?

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Smoking ban good but not good enough?

Post by Guest on 11th March 2010, 10:25 am

I quit for 11 months - the craving never leave, you just have to learn how to ignore them so they become part of the background and not part of your daily thought - on a brighter note your sleeping will improve

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 11th March 2010, 11:33 am

As a now non-smoker you will absorb much more caffeine from tea and coffee. Try drinking less, or diluting caffienated drinks. Should help with your sleeping habits Very Happy

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 24th March 2010, 9:28 am

Now they want to Ban Smoking in your own damn car!!!! Mad Mad Mad

This is so damn unfair!!!! Crying or Very sad

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2010, 9:48 am

it want be long before they ban music in cars ----- Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2010, 11:17 am

you can actually get done for undue care if your music is too loud allready

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 24th March 2010, 11:25 am

Shocked Shocked Are you serious???

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2010, 12:44 pm

yeah apparently if you're like bopping along to your radio and a traffic car spots you and he's having a bad day - its very, very rare but they have the power to do you for it - madness innit? I have the radio well loud and admit to "drumming" the wheel and stuff but it is classed as undue care - same as drinking from a bottle/can when stationary at traffic lights - you can get done for it even if your stationary unless the engine is switched off - extreme but I DO know a woman who got points for drinking from a water bottle when stopped at traffic lights

I NEVER smoke in the car if there's kids in it and I wont smoke near the baby when he/she arrives so how can they tell me I cant smoke in the car? its just daft - most people dont smoke around their kids or other people anyway - we arent all inconsiderate oafs i allways ask people "do you mind if i smoke" and when I do the window is down whatever the weather - it helps me concentrate which sounds daft but its not dangerous and as for taking the hand off the wheel - its no more so than to change gear ffs

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 24th March 2010, 1:06 pm

It's a world gone mad I tell ya! But then I did hear of a woman who got done for eating an apple whilst driving.... Shocked

But for me, I don't even have kids!! I would never smoke around my own children even if I did have them. To be honest I would probably quit smoking altogether if I had children. I can understand the not smoking around kids thing, but to say that you can't smoke in your car is insane! They're also gonna start saying you can't smoke in you own bloody house soon. Do these people not realise that making it illegal will just make it more attractive to children? Cannbis isn't legal, but LOADS of people smoke it. Same with Coke, Heroin & every other illegal drug! Damn Health kick asreholes are starting to really piss me off!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2010, 2:09 pm

its like the original smoke ban was supposed to help the pub trade and meant families could go out more - where the feck are they then? why are so many pubs going under? i can understand the theory behind the ban but i allways thought the original ban should have been more flexible and said 60% of pubs should be non smoking and the remainder have a choice whether to allow it or not, then people can make an informed decision as for the car thing again i understand the theory but you cant force things like this on people, it will mean instead of opening the window they will pull up all over the side of the road and stand outside the car to smoke making traffic worse and journeys longer - why cant we just continue to educate people on the dangers of smoking and let them make their own choices , so many things are dangerous for children - the government doesnt ban those - cars and roads for a start but as educated people we realise this and dont allow the kids near the roads/cars and other dangers so why do they think we are all so irresponsible we would smoke all over them - they cant tar us all with the same brush - just coz some chav bitch does it means nothing - when she's pouring cheap tesco lager down her throat its a danger to her kids so lets ban all alcohol all cars (emissions are just as bad for causing asthma) and all smoking and watch the country destroy itself with nothing left to tax -its feckin ridiculous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2010, 2:35 pm

NR_TOAB wrote:Now they want to Ban Smoking in your own damn car!!!! Mad Mad Mad

This is so damn unfair!!!! Crying or Very sad

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/06/18/ban-cigs-if-kids-in-car-115875-21450002/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/03/24/family-cigs-put-2million-kids-at-risk-115875-22134819/

...oh dear NR, the walls are closing in Wink Waving

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 24th March 2010, 2:40 pm

Yeah, they are. But who do you think the walls will close in on next...... Laughing Chin Chin Wink

As I've maintained all along, when it comes to children I'm all for it, but the slimey gits are just using the kids as an excuse. If it was really about the heatlh & saftey of children then kids wouldn't be allowed in cars, Period. They wouldn't be allowed to walk down a road that cars use, no electricity in the house, no salt in food, sweets would be non exsistent.... the list goes on & on........

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2010, 2:43 pm

Upside to all you mention there NR, food, freedom, warmth but passive smoking! ? don't think so..

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 24th March 2010, 2:47 pm

There's an upside to pollution from traffic?? scratch

As I've said, if it's just about the effects of passive smoking on kids then fine, as I wouldn't smoke in front of kids & wouldn't want anyone smoking around my kids, but it's not just about that. That excuse is just a smoke screen.........

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2010, 2:48 pm

cars have got nothing to do with freedom - they are a luxury - a luxury that pollutes the very air we all have to breath so roads should be done away with and limited to just motorwarys - why buy a house in the country for clean living and fresh air then have it polluted with 4x4's and sports cars looking for windy road thrills - car pollution causes as much damage to the lungs and breathing apparatus as does smoking - so ban fuel driven cars and allow electric cars ONLY

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2010, 2:51 pm

NR_TOAB wrote:There's an upside to pollution from traffic?? scratch

As I've said, if it's just about the effects of passive smoking on kids then fine, as I wouldn't smoke in front of kids & wouldn't want anyone smoking around my kids, but it's not just about that. That excuse is just a smoke screen.........

..good grief the 'upside' is the freedom of the motor vehicle Very Happy NR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2010, 2:55 pm

yellowteddybear wrote:cars have got nothing to do with freedom - they are a luxury - a luxury that pollutes the very air we all have to breath so roads should be done away with and limited to just motorwarys - why buy a house in the country for clean living and fresh air then have it polluted with 4x4's and sports cars looking for windy road thrills - car pollution causes as much damage to the lungs and breathing apparatus as does smoking - so ban fuel driven cars and allow electric cars ONLY

Modern society could not function now without the motor vehicle in all its guises. I'm for electric cars, certainly and will argue as vociferously for their phasing in, as I do for the ban on smoking in all areas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2010, 2:56 pm

..Probably not, AS, vociferously Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 24th March 2010, 2:57 pm

As Yellow just said, a vehicle is a luxury. People had freedom before cars. A push bike gives you the same freedom & has the added bonus of keeping you heatlhy. A car just goes a long way to making you fat & lazy, is a leathal weapon & gives off poisonous gas. But that's alright as long as you can get where you want to go..... Laughing Lily

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2010, 3:03 pm

NR_TOAB wrote:As Yellow just said, a vehicle is a luxury. People had freedom before cars. A push bike gives you the same freedom & has the added bonus of keeping you heatlhy. A car just goes a long way to making you fat & lazy, is a leathal weapon & gives off poisonous gas. But that's alright as long as you can get where you want to go..... Laughing Lily

Motor vehicles doesn't just mean cars, transporting goods, services and peole is an essential part of life.

..the horse and cart is over NR Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 24th March 2010, 3:08 pm

They're an essential part of life now but if it was all about protecting childrren & looking after the health of everyone motor vehicles would've long been dragged into the 21st century. A five minute walk in London means you inhale more poision than you would from passive smoking........

But as they're so useful & cheaper this way it's all alright..........

Like I said, this health & saftey of children thing is just a smoke screen. Many more people smoked around their children 40, 50 years ago & those children are doing just fine..... thinking

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2010, 3:15 pm

Yeah I mean all cars - keep the trains and some busses its not 1820 but do away with private personal cars then they wouldnt need to ban smoking in them - keep planes too - i just meant the luxury of owning a personal car - can you imagine the loss of revenue? I mean how much is it to get through your test nowadays? I'm only 30 but I passed my test @ 20 and its got to have more than doubled in cost and I struggled - i'd feel like my right arm had been cut off if they did away with cars but as said a bike or my own two feet or the joys of public transport are allways there - the point is how can the governemt say we are banning smoking in cars for the sake of children when majority of people with cars dont ever have children in the cars? and how can they ban one thing thats bad and yet not ban another? a personal car is a luxury - smoking is an addiction but they can impose this ban and are happy to leave cars as they are - they use the health service burden as an excuse too - again cars must have a larger impact on the health system with obesity, asthma and general unfitness but thats ok we can make our kids fat. lazy and unwell by driving them round everywhere and by polluting every bit of air they breathe but god forbid cigarette smoke that might get somewhere in their vicinity solets make a sweeping generalisation that all parents who smoke do so near their children and that anyone else who doesnt have conact with kids is punished as well - just on the off chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 24th March 2010, 3:28 pm

Air pollutants from transport include nitrogen oxides, particles, carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons. All have a damaging impact on the health of people, animals and vegetation locally. Air quality in the UK is slowly improving, but many areas still fail to meet the health based national air quality objectives and European limit values – particularly for particles and nitrogen dioxide. In town centres and alongside busy roads, vehicles are responsible for most local pollution. Vehicles tend to emit more pollution during the first few miles of journey when their engines are warming up. Although new technology and cleaner fuel formulations will continue to cut emissions of pollutants, the increasing number of vehicles on the road and miles driven is eroding these benefits.

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top