The Budget.......

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Budget.......

Post by Bones on 25th March 2010, 9:24 am

Okay, I've gotta ask as it affects us all.......

What do we think of the Budget this time round? thinking

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Re: The Budget.......

Post by Guest on 25th March 2010, 10:31 am

Chancellor Alistair Darling has set out his Budget for 2010, the last one ahead of the general election.

A rise in taxes on fuel, cigarettes and alcohol appears as expected, although a three pence duty on fuel will be phased in over three stages between April this year and January 2011, rather than rise in one go next month.

The rest of the tax increases will come in at midnight on Sunday, with cider duty rising to ten per cent above inflation, wine, beer and spirit by two per cent (and another two per cent planned for two years from 2013) and tobacco by one per cent, plus a two per cent rise in real terms each year until 2014.

However, the Budget is likely to be welcomed by people trying to get on the property ladder, with stamp duty scrapped for homes below £250,000 for first-time buyers.

Instead it hits the pockets of top market property owners, with stamp duty on residential homes sold for more than £1 million set to increase to five per cent from April 2011.

The chancellor has promised help for businesses, with a £2.5 billion package for small businesses to boost skills.

There will be a one-year cut in business rates from October to help 500,000 companies and the investment allowance for small firms has doubled to £100,000.

There has been no change to capital gains tax rates, although a doubling on relief from capital gains tax for entrepreneurs.

People under 24 and out of work have seen the promise of six months work or job training extended to 2012 and the amount of time over 65s must work in order to receive working tax credits has been reduced.

A total of £385m has been promised to maintain the road network.

Parents with young children will see child tax credits rise by £4 from 2012 and the elderly will benefit from winter fuel allowance rates extending for another year.

In education, the government has promised funding for 20,000 new university places in science and maths – but there is a sting, as institutions have been told they make savings elsewhere.

Meanwhile, a £35m “enterprise fund” has been set out to help businesses launched from university. There are no planned changes to VAT or income tax and the limits of Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs) will rise with inflation.

Tax allowances for those on over £100,000 will be gradually removed and the inheritance tax threshold has been frozen for four years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25th March 2010, 10:33 am

You're welcome NR Wink NR

...I'm thinking about my take on it, as I didn't get into the budget really yesterday Waving

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25th March 2010, 10:34 am

...because I was givin them hell on another forum re the smoking ban developments, Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 25th March 2010, 10:42 am

Thank you Ty Peck

And you keep on giving them Hell about smoking developments Wink

I wonder what will be revealed after the elections though....... thinking

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19th April 2010, 10:24 am

I'm sorry NR, there wasn't anything to get inspired about in the end with that budget was there Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 19th April 2010, 10:33 am

Peck Nothing to be sorry about Ty......... Unless you're really Gordon Brown Suspect or the Chancellor Suspect Suspect

Naaahh...... Nope You're far too smart and lovely to be involved with those types Laughing Peck

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19th April 2010, 10:38 am

You really are charming NR, no matter how we've battled, no mattter what's been said, I'd ditch all my opinions for you Embarassed Wink Peck

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 19th April 2010, 10:46 am

I wouldn't let you do that Nope Nope I'd ditch mine for you cheers Peck And even quit a bad habit Laughing Peck

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19th April 2010, 11:04 am

..I know you wouldn't Very Happy ....no no, smoking is a question of choice, yours and you may continue, it affects nobody and is no worse than drinking; I for one would never have you change against your will NR......hehe Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 19th April 2010, 11:14 am

But as humans we are happy to change and make sacrifices for those we deem close to us. When we enjoy making someone happy we do whatever it takes to make them so Peck

Anyway, smoking's getting boring now........ And very expensive rofl

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19th April 2010, 11:25 am

Well if you insist NR, my main concern would be for your health obviously and to hell with everyone elses, I mean, if they don't want to breathe your smoke then let them get out of the way I say Laughing - I have come to the conclusion that females ought not to wear make-up before 18, they will look beautiful without it and its not good for their skin, I myself will only be wearing it for special occasions from now on Embarassed Twisted Evil

Laughing

You cheer me up TOABY I wuv u

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 19th April 2010, 11:43 am

Peck You cheer me up too! cheers I wuv u

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content