Football Rant......

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Football Rant......

Post by Bones on 23rd March 2010, 12:02 pm

Are you infuriated by your teams recent results? Annoyed with team selection? Think the manager should go? Need a new player? Change of formation?

Whatever your rant, feel free to do it here. This place is for you. As long as the topic remains football you can rant about it!

Let it out........ Just let it flow.......

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Re: Football Rant......

Post by Guest on 23rd March 2010, 12:28 pm

cool, i'm all of the above lol

I think ngog is better than babel and we had the chance to get rid of babel in Jan but he decided to keep him and I dont know why

I agree with your line up on the top four thread, I love Masch he's a handful and sometimes he's the only player with the bottle to make the challenge - gets him in bother sometimes but I'd hate to see him go he does a great job for us - on aquillani - thats my point though he is an attacking midfielder and when we attack we play well but he doesnt feckin play him - I think Maxi is making the right impression and Johnson was a good buy before his injury - all attack minded but they dont push forward enough - we hang back and dick about and get nowhere, you dont see uts or chelsea doing that they are pressing and attacking and have rooney and drogba to back it up - i dont think ither of them are better than torres they just get a better supply from their midfield which is where we keep falling over we should stick gerrard or kuyt even just behing torres - kuyt plays striker for the dutch and he gets goals and we all know what gerrard can do when hes playing well so one of the two as a forward midfielder and i think benayoun should get more starts - we should flog babel and ngog and get one decent bench striker instead of two average subs - we need a weapon, a game changer, we havent got one at the mo - Johnson needs to get his match form back, i like Insua and Skirtl so Johnson, Carragher, Insua, SKirtl, then Lucas, Aquilani, Kuyt and Benny in front of them, with gerrard just infront of that and Torres leading the way right up front - we then have some good subs we can bring on in Maxi and Masch should midfield start flagging and the team can flow better - its too rigid at the minute and they stick to their line and dont move around - apart form Kuyt and Lucas even Lucas doesnt much as he should - I understand they need their role and their position but why so rigid? if they see a chance they shold be good to move in and take it - as for Reina he's one of the best and hot so we cant loose him

my key 3 players would be reina, gerrard and torres

yeah i'd heard carra was blue but look at rooney he was "forever blue" till he went to Utd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23rd March 2010, 12:31 pm

who do you support then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 23rd March 2010, 2:30 pm

Hang on...... I'll be right back....

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 23rd March 2010, 3:09 pm

Oooh! thinking not so sure about Torres being better than Rooney & Drogba. If you're after an out & out striker, then yes I'd have to agree. But if we're talking about an all round player who will force the issue then I'd rather have Rooney or Drogba. Torres doesn't track back enough & rarely drops deep (As was evident on Sunday against United) Whereas Drogba & Rooney will drop into midfield to pick up the ball & will also spray it around for others to score. Ideally it would be Torres & Rooney or Drogba as I believe they would compliment each other & especially Rooney would make a great player as the man in the hole......

I think maybe Liverpool should've gone for Victor Moses or Jermaine Beckford as a back up for Torres. Either would've been cheap as chips & would be ideal for next season. But they certainly need someone to replace Nando as Babel & Ngog simply are not up to the job...

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 23rd March 2010, 3:11 pm

I don't need to rant about my team at the minute Laughing Top of the league and going for number 4 on the trot........

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23rd March 2010, 3:26 pm

No I dont think Torres is BETTER than Rooney or Drogba but he's as good as the difference is the supply IMO

I like Jermaine Beckford - a good honest footballer with a passion for the game - thats what's lacking I think, especially for City the players have no loyalty or passion for the team they just follow the money and fair play to them if they have a skill they should sell it but when it creeps over into country games it pisses me off no end - I dont think players should get paid for playing for their country it should be an honour but thats something else entirely

I would have liked us to get David Villa - him and Torres are great together but there ya go

I think we got offered 9 mil for babel and turned it down - insanity - there's better strikers out there for 9 mil all you have to do is look! what the fook do we pay scouts for?

we just loaned out Spearing (midfielder) he's come up through the ranks and will be gerrards replacement i reckon he's only a bairn so loaning him was a good move, get him the experience and skill - he played in a Champions Leage game for us when Stevie G was injured and he's been subbed on in a couple of league games and he looks like he could be good

whats happening with Rooney has he broken something? I briefly saw something on the back of the paper someone was buying - has he broken his knee? I hope not we need him for England!

We could have taken Owen back for free but stubborn head rafa said NO because he tool the urine when he sodded off to Newcastle despite saying that when he returned to Premiership football he would come to us!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 23rd March 2010, 3:42 pm

Rooney's fine. Just a sore knee & maybe an inflamed tendon. He'll be fine......... I hope pale

David Villa would be a good signing but would cost a BOMB! Real Madrid want him & so do Man City. That means bidding will probably start at £35Mil. And Chelsea are apparently willing to shell out £50Mil on a quality Striker with Torres at the top of the wish list........ Shocked

Rafa turning down Owen might've been a smarter move than many think. He's incredibly injury prone. A diamond signing on a free for United, but I think he would've just added to Pools woes really.....

I say Pool need to cash in on Stevie G as every team knows that if you can stop him playing then you stop Liverpool playing. It was the same when Cantona was at United. Teams just stopped him & it stopped United, but once he had gone it wasn't so straight forward. Priority for Liverpool should be a striker then a quality Midfielder to replace Stevie imo.....

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23rd March 2010, 3:53 pm

Liverpool wont be Liverpool without him though, like Chelsea wouldnt Chelsea without Lamps and Utd wouldnt be Utd without Scholes - players from the area who love the team and grew up wanting to play for them - we cant loose Stevie, I just think he needs to be given more free range

Chelsea can keep theit bloody mitts off torrea as can City - I dont think Torres and Drogba would play that well together TBH torres and drogba both are a bit selfish with the ball and like the glory of the goal - look at Anelka, when drogba's not playing he's good but put Drogba on with him and the team ignore Anelka - they both cost the same in the dream team and I went for Anelka thinking Drogba just had a lucky season - silly, silly me! but then torres plays well with people who dont want to score but will take the ball and pass it back to him whenhe wants it - i think drogba is more selfish in that way than torres but I think torres and rooney could play together because whilst both liking the goals they seem to know when to not bother and i think a lot of torres greed comes from knowing if he passes it to babel he'll fluff it and we know rooney and gerrard can play together they been playing really well alongside one another for England

Apparently we are interested in Kenwyn Jones from Sunderland who is no doubt a good player and scores some spankers

I see what you mean with Owen but for free he's a bargain - we forked out 20mil for an injury prone player so.........

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 23rd March 2010, 4:01 pm

Liverpool wouldn't be the same without Stevie Nope They'd be far better! Twisted Evil The difference with Stevie & Scholes is that Scholes has never had to carry the team alone & everything doesn't go through Scholesy, yet everything at Liverpool goes through Stevie. When he's not playing Liverpool look a far more dangerous outfit as the opposition don't know who to stop........

If Pool don't make the Champs League they might be better off cashing in on Torres, but if they do I pray that he doesn't end up at Chelsea or City...... I see what you're saying about Drogba & Torres. Maybe it couldn't work. But Torres & Rooney would work a treat & reap plenty of goals! I'd go for at least 60 goals a season from them playing up front together Drool

Kenwyn Jones is a good player & still young, but I'm not sure if he could lead the line effectively for Liverpool. Only time would tell I guess, but it could well be an expensive gamble.....

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23rd March 2010, 4:20 pm

15 mil was the price for Jones I think if we got the 9 for babel and push for 6 for ngog then maybe

you may have a point about Stevie G but I still dont want him to go lol I think out the PL Utd would benefit from Torres the most just because City have Tevez who sulks when he isnt number 1 goal scorer so it's be the same as putting him with drogba - too many big fish in a small pond all chasing the glory - I would be soo devastated if he went to Utd or any of the other for that matter but especially Utd - better that Rooney comes to us I reckon then stevie can stay and blend in to the background

torres is a handful for defenders - look at vidic -he just cant handle him and gets carded every time we play each other and torres is on and rooney is a handful too because he's so quick and can turn on a penny and control the ball and just fire one off so with both of them defenders wouldnt be quite so distracted by gerrard, how much do you reckon rooney would set us back though? at least the same as Villa

we need someone young like torres was and like rooney was when utd got him - young=cheap, but good enough to help torres out and then to match him

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 23rd March 2010, 4:24 pm

Rooney at Liverpool Shocked Shocked Shocked rofl rofl rofl

Nope Never gonna happen! Not in a million years! Not for Love or Money......... Just...... Well............. No.

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23rd March 2010, 4:25 pm

why not? he went from Everton to the Mancs? so his scruples wouldnt stop.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 24th March 2010, 8:48 am

Going from the bitter rivals of Liverpool to the other bitter rivals of Liverpool is totally different from going from the bitter rivals of Liverpool to LIverpool when you're the suppoter of the bitter rivals of Liverpool. He's an Everton fan so he would NEVER play for Liverpool. Everton & United quite like each other because they both detest Liverpool. Laughing

Is the enemy of ones enemy a friend or an enemy? I say Friend Lily

Seriously, could you see Stevie G Lining up for Everton or United?? Shocked Phil Neville went from United to Everton & all was well. Every United fan wished him well. He wouldn't be allowed to go to Liverpool. United don't sell to Liverpool, remember Gabriel Heinze? Laughing

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2010, 9:31 am

No I coulnt and I believe you that Rooney wouldnt come to Pool but I believed Owen wouldnt go to Utd - just shows ya!! and anyway I can hope I'm british hoping for something and moaning about it not happening is in my nature Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 24th March 2010, 9:34 am

Owen grew up an Everton supporter too Laughing

But I get ya about the British thing. I do it all the time too! rofl

Gutted about West Ham though. I think they might be relegated. Zola is a great guy, but he's not a very good manager..........

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2010, 11:17 am

did he? (Owen I mean) well I never!! ..........

ahh poor West Ham - they started the season ok too, yeah Zola is funny but look at Incey - lovely chap but crap at managing

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 24th March 2010, 11:24 am

Yep! It's just Liverpool snapped him up first after Everton rejected him..... Shocked silent Apparently......

Ince is an alright manager. He worked wonders with MK Dons. I just don't think Blackburn was the right place for him & it wasn't the right time for him to make such a drastic leap as he didn't quite have the experience, but he's one of the few former players I have respect for as a manager because he's had to work hard for his chances. No top job straight out of the hat due to reputation. He's grafted in the lower leagues & I believe that every manager should do that before they get the reigns of a Premier League club. Zola is the perfect example of how it can all go so wrong because West Ham have a very decent squad & he's not getting the best out of them at all....... Great players clearly don't always make great Managers........

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2010, 12:40 pm

very true - what did you think to Shearers effort when he stood in at Newcastle?

funny old thing managers - I like penfold (Martin O'Neill) he's done a good job with what he's had - I liked Phil Brown too for the same reason - ok Hull were never great but he was doing his best with an average team!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 24th March 2010, 12:50 pm

I don't really rate Shearer as a manager yet. Newcastle had a very decent team & should've been easily able to get out of trouble, but he wasn't able to motivate the team, although I concede that would be very hard given the position they were in when he took over. I think he would make an okay manager, but I think that maybe he should start in the lower leagues & gain some experience first. Do a Roy Keane and get a team promoted... Although I don't think Keano is a great manager.....

I think O'Neil is a sterling manager! It's a shame that he hasn't been given one of the big jobs yet. He would've worked wonders at somewhere like Liverpool, but I think he might be holding out for SAF to retire. As for Phil Brown, there's another manager I really like. He did a stunning job with Hull on a shoestring budget. For them to let him go so close to the end of the season was a big mistake. I really do believe with him at the helm they would've got out of the relegation zone with games to spare. Maybe not so now.......

Who would you like to see in charge at Anfield once Beni is booted?

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2010, 2:02 pm

mourinhio - his passion for the game and for the team he is looking after and the way he sets his team up is sterling - i love him in the pre and after match interviews and watching him jump up and down on the by lines - the special one at anfield LP

I thought they were proper mean to Brown he brought them up and kept them up then they dropped him - it sucks

I cant see o'neil @ trafford he just isnt hard enough for Manchester IMO

I'm not sure about ancelloti - i think chelsea could probably manage themselfs after the chopping and changing of managers they've had in recent years

Not sure on Wenger either - he does the same thing allways and they dont get any trophies they just seem to be at a stalemate and happy to plod along - someone with a bit more push would make arsenal a more fun team to watch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 24th March 2010, 2:06 pm

You know, every Liverpool fan I've asked that question has given the same answer. What is it about the special one? To be honest I'd just like to have him back in English Football. I don't care where, I just think he's a really good manager & is a great all round guy!

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2010, 2:14 pm

i think part of it is that it would piss of our two biggest rivals - saf and the special one have no love lost and chelsea wouldnt be impressed so its just an added bonus for those games - the guy has the right passion for it and us northerners like that its what its all about for us - he is a winner, a go getter not a sit back and defend manager - a go out and kick their damn asses manager and he motivates and he shows that passion and that commitment out there on the pitch where its important - he doesnt sit there doing sudoku or whatever rafs doing

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones on 24th March 2010, 2:37 pm

SAF & TSP (The Special One) have a massive amount of respect for each other. I think they both relish the challenge of facing each other, so I can't see it pissing him off really. The thing about TSP is he's more defensive than he appears. It's the main reason why he's so succesful. He's got that balance right & will only go for broke when the time is right. I'm not sure he'd join with the current owners in charge though.......

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2010, 2:44 pm

yeah we need gillette and hicks gone - they've brought nowt but trouble with em - where's a filthy rich oil barron when ya need one -someone who will leave the manager to manage and not give a hoot as long as money's been made

I think SAF is scared of TSP Shocked Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top