The police force

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The police force

Post by Guest on 6th January 2010, 12:32 pm

On New Years Eve in town we saw a police van run over, well park on, a lads foot, the cops were holding him over the bonnet of a police car. He was held forward with his legs out behind, roadside. The first I knew about it was the lad screaming horribly and then the policeman on the pavement banged on the van window saying "you're on his foot".
The ambulance people came, they weren't far away, put a blanket around the guy, who was a funny colour and they all looked flustered.

I think we were the only ones to witness this due to were we were stood;ought I report it to someone? I took the plate of the van..

I am increasingly disillusioned, sort of non trusting of our police. I see arrogance and corruption, am I wrong to think this way guys? How do you view the police in the UK?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The police force

Post by Bones on 6th January 2010, 1:08 pm

I think that the police force in the UK are a strange breed and are often overly heavy handed without need for it. Police forces have always struck me as "Arrogant" and I believe this to be a result of them being given a fair bit of "power". Whilst some use it correctly there appear to be too many who abuse it, but that is human nature really.

I know a guy who was arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery a few weeks after being released from prison on parole. The problem the police had was that he wasn't in the area at the time & there was CCTV footage to prove that. They held him for 2 days which meant he missed signing in with his parole officer. An arrest warrant was issued & he was taken from the cop shop straight to prison even though he missed it because he was in a police cell at the time. After that I have to think that maybe there is more than a little element of corruption within the UK police force as it seemed that they had a personal vendetta against the guy in question, especially as his original conviction for a similar offence was a bit of a farce as he was found guilty of a crime when he again wasn't in the area at the time.

I don't trust the police at all. I don't think I ever will to be honest.....

_________________
The Dr Returns...... NR
avatar
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Posts : 12169
Join date : 2009-09-11
Location : Underneath you ...

Back to top Go down

Re: The police force

Post by Bones on 6th January 2010, 1:11 pm

Oh, and reporting it would be good, but it's unlikely to go anywhere & they may develop a bit of a vendetta against you........

_________________
The Dr Returns...... NR
avatar
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Posts : 12169
Join date : 2009-09-11
Location : Underneath you ...

Back to top Go down

Re: The police force

Post by Guest on 6th January 2010, 1:20 pm

Go to the local media and describe what you saw and heard give the plate number of the vehicle but as for annonmity I have done so on more than one occasion but I have always stated that if a court case was to be held I would then give up my annonmity

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The police force

Post by Guest on 7th January 2010, 10:33 am

Yes del, it's an idea giving the local newspaper a ring but as you and NR remind me, I may have to declare myself and my cowardice in this respect is obvious to me Embarassed I want to do something without involving myself Rolling Eyes

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The police force

Post by Guest on 7th January 2010, 10:40 am

NR_TOAB wrote:I think that the police force in the UK are a strange breed and are often overly heavy handed without need for it. Police forces have always struck me as "Arrogant" and I believe this to be a result of them being given a fair bit of "power". Whilst some use it correctly there appear to be too many who abuse it, but that is human nature really.

I know a guy who was arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery a few weeks after being released from prison on parole. The problem the police had was that he wasn't in the area at the time & there was CCTV footage to prove that. They held him for 2 days which meant he missed signing in with his parole officer. An arrest warrant was issued & he was taken from the cop shop straight to prison even though he missed it because he was in a police cell at the time. After that I have to think that maybe there is more than a little element of corruption within the UK police force as it seemed that they had a personal vendetta against the guy in question, especially as his original conviction for a similar offence was a bit of a farce as he was found guilty of a crime when he again wasn't in the area at the time.

I don't trust the police at all. I don't think I ever will to be honest.....

A very unfair case you cite NR and I'm beginning to think typical of the police.

I understand that the police force must show strength, they must command, demand even respect, so I always put their 'attitude' down to that but I'm not so sure of late. I think they're on a power trip;they're untouchable, never seem to get convicted for their mistakes, get up to all sorts of life and death mischief and get away with it...they're hemorrhaging public respect, imo

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The police force

Post by Guest on 8th January 2010, 2:24 pm

I blame Rodney King personally.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The police force

Post by Bones on 8th January 2010, 2:31 pm

Old_Punk wrote:I blame Rodney King personally.

Please elaborate.....

_________________
The Dr Returns...... NR
avatar
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Posts : 12169
Join date : 2009-09-11
Location : Underneath you ...

Back to top Go down

Re: The police force

Post by Guest on 8th January 2010, 2:39 pm

NR_TOAB wrote:
Old_Punk wrote:I blame Rodney King personally.

Please elaborate.....

The Dead Kennedys brought a song out called Police Truck, about police brutality in the SFPD and California. The State Department took exception to this.

Years later a California resident called Rodney King was brutally assaulted by the Police and it was all videoed. These images went around the world very quickly.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The police force

Post by Bones on 8th January 2010, 2:49 pm

I know about that, but how does that affect how the police in the UK conduct themselves?

_________________
The Dr Returns...... NR
avatar
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Posts : 12169
Join date : 2009-09-11
Location : Underneath you ...

Back to top Go down

Re: The police force

Post by Guest on 8th January 2010, 2:51 pm

NR_TOAB wrote:I know about that, but how does that affect how the police in the UK conduct themselves?

It is illegal - without special consent - to record the police at any time on any device.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The police force

Post by Bones on 8th January 2010, 2:59 pm

So basically they can do just about anything & all the public would have as proof for police wrong doing is their word? Sounds a bit "Cloak & Dagger" to me. Why not be transparent? They've nothing to hide....... do they?

_________________
The Dr Returns...... NR
avatar
Bones
Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Posts : 12169
Join date : 2009-09-11
Location : Underneath you ...

Back to top Go down

Re: The police force

Post by Guest on 8th January 2010, 11:48 pm


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The police force

Post by Truthy on 9th January 2010, 1:17 pm

NR_TOAB wrote:Oh, and reporting it would be good, but it's unlikely to go anywhere & they may develop a bit of a vendetta against you........

Very, very true.

_________________
To know me is to love me
avatar
Truthy
Baby Spawn

Posts : 136
Join date : 2009-11-26
Location : East Anglia

Back to top Go down

Re: The police force

Post by Guest on 9th January 2010, 2:19 pm

Truthy wrote:
NR_TOAB wrote:Oh, and reporting it would be good, but it's unlikely to go anywhere & they may develop a bit of a vendetta against you........

Very, very true.

I had that with a traffic cop assigned to Charing Cross police station. I was stopped for speeding on the Chelsea Embankment, which I was doing 55mpg in a 30 limit even though FIVE cars overtook me. It went to court and I changed my plea to guilty and I asked the traffic policeman who appeared why he didn't stop the fastest car on the road at the time but the slowest. I was fined the minimum amount with no costs and the traffic cop was given a flea in his ear by the magistrate for failing to do his duty.

This cop kept an eye on me for another year and me him. He stopped me a further two times for insurance & MOT. I just kept smiling and asked if he could catch up with speeding cars doing over 70 yet, which he didn't appreciate for some reason.

Cant think why?

Any ideas?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The police force

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum