Sportsmanship

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sportsmanship

Post by Guest on 4th December 2009, 7:59 pm

The whole Henry handball situation has really proved to be hard to get over.As I have previously said Henry was schooled in the Arsenic Wenger school of cheating.Other example's of graduate's of this school would include R.Pires,E.Eboue,Eduardo,S.Campbell,A.Cole,J.Lehmann,Lauren,Van Persie,P.Vieira....the list goes on.
The phrase "I did not see the incident" will forever be associated with Wenger the Whinger.How many Arsenal red card incident's has he failed to see?80? Even the Legendary Roy Keane,who said it's time for Eire to get on with life.When told of Wenger's reaction to Henry's blatant cheating,that video technology should be brought in(which it should)siad:sure Wenger never see's anything.Maybe they should have video's at the Emirate's.Wenger is notorious for wearing rose tinted spectacle's.His brazen two-facedness beggar's belief.On Wednesday after Manchester City beat Arsenal 3-0 he point blank refused to shake City manager Mark Hughes hand.A time honoured tradition in the game.This is not the 1st time he has done this when his side have lost.Hughes brought old club Blackburn to Arsenal a few year's back and lost 6-2.Yet Hughes(A legend in the game)put out his hand.A true sportsman.The late great Bobby Robson when in charge of a Newcastle team that beat Arsenal 3-1 said of Wenger:the man need's to learn to take defeat with grace.England is a proud nation.Where in it's various sport's the long held tradition of showing courtesy to each other after a game win or lose has earned plaudit's the World over.Why should Wenger be different?Asked by Sky after the match why he would not shake Hughes hand he replied:I have the right to choose who's hand I shake!Tell me,does anyone concur with MrWenger's opinion?Or should it be obligatory to be a decent sport and shake hand's? Dunno

Back to top Go down

Re: Sportsmanship

Post by Bones on 5th December 2009, 10:38 am

I agree & disagree with Wenger over this. Yes, he does have the right not to shake someones hand if he doesn't want to. The other side is that this is a long held tradition & in football, just like in life, you win some & you lose some. Being gracious in defeat is very hard to do but if you're in professional sports that's what you've got to be. I don't think it should be a mandatory requirement because I think most people would prefer to receive no handshake at all rather than one which is forced.

Dark & Demented
Dark & Demented

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top